[5.00] Ships previously piloted by player stuck near gates - Further fix in a build after b4 HF1.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Pesanur
x4

[5.00] Ships previously piloted by player stuck near gates - Further fix in a build after b4 HF1.

Post by Pesanur » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 19:29

If you are piloting a ship, then teleport to another ship, if you give any order to the previously piloted ship that involve travelling to another sector, it get stuck near the jump gates. If you teleport back to the ship, it start moving again.

Cannot provide a save game with the bug, because, re-loading the game, solves the problem.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [5.00] Ships previously piloted by player stuck near gates

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 19:35

I believe that if you teleport away from piloting a ship that has another behaviour active then it is left in a 'Waiting for Signal' state at the top of the queue that probably has to be cleared in that ship's behaviour screen. That is certainly the case in 4.20 release.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 19:42

in version 5 there is an option to remove addition "wait for signal" so it is depends on status of that option for that particular ship,
p.s. Pesanur, can you provide screenshot of behavior(order queue) screen of ship which did stuck?
and non modified save before teleport away, loading which and making minimal amount of actions to repeat bug?

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 19:43

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 19:35
I believe that if you teleport away from piloting a ship that has another behaviour active then it is left in a 'Waiting for Signal' state at the top of the queue that probably has to be cleared in that ship's behaviour screen. That is certainly the case in 4.20 release.
Not it’s not that. Like OP, I can’t reproduce the issue with a save, as loading the save seem to "unstuck" the ship.

I’ve seen this behavior around gates and when ordering nav beacon deployment. The ship is stuck with no explicit wait signal right before deploying the nav beacon. Teleporting to the ship makes the pilot deploy the beacon and moving on (until potential future issues).

It’s the same with getting stuck around gates. There’s no explicit wait signal.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 19:46

Isn't any wait signal, you can even remove all of the orders of the ship and issue new ones, and it is still stuck until you teleport to it or reload the game.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 19:55

looks same as viewtopic.php?f=180&t=444321
(there is save there, but possible loading of that save workarounds bug)
Pesanur can you say it is same or not, you can forget about screenshot in case it is same problem,
but non modified save from which bug can be reproduced with minimal action (teleport away + giving some order)
probably still would be needed for devs to notice it faster, now it is not considered as bug.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 20:04

telemancer
x4

Post by telemancer » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 20:09

I'm having the same issue with ships passing through gates, as well as landing at stations. I can't replicate with a savegame, because they proceed with their orders on reload. I will say that I notice it happen a lot more while SETA is running.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 20:44

telemancer wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 20:09
I'm having the same issue with ships passing through gates, as well as landing at stations. I can't replicate with a savegame, because they proceed with their orders on reload. I will say that I notice it happen a lot more while SETA is running.
Same here but it happened in empty space, not even close to a gate. Same fix, just reload ans ship will proceed.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 20:58

@dmk, for me it only happens with ships that I previously piloted myself, other ships follow the orders just fine.

About the post that you pointed of ships assigned to follow/protect/etc the player ship, standing in place without moving, isn't a new issue to 5.00.

garffield
x4

Post by garffield » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 07:35

I'm not sure if this is related to this same issue but in my game the ships only appear to be not moving. They actually are "teleported" several thousand km away (in my game it was more than 17 thousand) and try to get back. As this seems to happen in the y-axis it appears as if they were stuck but there is just no movement in the x or z-axis but only in the y-axis which is no visibly in the standard map view.
I can't provide a savegame as it happened yesterday before quitting to play and I do not have access to the game right now. If this issue continues to exist even after reloading the game I will provide a savegame later in the day.

garffield
x4

Post by garffield » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 23:02

It appears that "my" issue mentioned in the above post gets solved when quitting and loading the game. So a save won't really help.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 4. Feb 22, 10:39

This thread notes that the issue only happens with ships with modified engines.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

s4rger4s
x4

Post by s4rger4s » Fri, 4. Feb 22, 14:38

i guess its the same issue like here:

viewtopic.php?f=192&t=444522&p=5101024#p5101024

in my case the engines were not modified so far.

cheef.che
x4

Post by cheef.che » Fri, 4. Feb 22, 16:07

I've encounted the same behavior twice. All times I've piloted those ships, but teleported to another ship in another sector.

1) previously piloted Phoenix didn't follow order to move in OOS and when I teleported back I've heared the sound of travel engines, but ship didn't move at all. It's has been fixed when I take driving seat and then returned it to captain again.
2) previously piloted Rattleshake didn't moved in OOS until I've cleared all commands and assigned it to the fleet.

Unfortunately I don't have saves to show the situation.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 4. Feb 22, 17:16

If the ship has subordinates. they could just be waiting to assemble at gates. They do that right after crossing, in the vicinity of the gate they just crossed.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 4. Feb 22, 18:28

in my instance it happens to alone moreya and katana with subs, so in case of moreya its not waiting for subs, and the same thing happens to katana it just stops with subs already there near here forever until I tp or comm it, both are ships I fly personally
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 4. Feb 22, 18:41

thanks for the follow-up. would you happen to have a save where this reliably happens if certain steps are done?

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 4. Feb 22, 19:13

j.harshaw wrote:
Fri, 4. Feb 22, 18:41
thanks for the follow-up. would you happen to have a save where this reliably happens if certain steps are done?
yes, well I hope, but I just did reproduce it
loaded the save, was sitting in said katana (subs have manual fly to order so they are not following it) and teleported to my shipyard and gave the katana order to dock at that same shipyard, it stoped moving already in that same sector just before reaching the gate, it stayed there for 15 minutes, I comm it and it started moving

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8s0inmbfme6cn ... ml.gz?dl=0
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 4. Feb 22, 19:55

Thanks. Doesn't look like it's for me, but I've forwarded your save and report.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”