[1566]5.00 (469551) Interrupted Travel Drive on invisible objects - Improved in b4 HF1.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Nailuj
x4

[1566]5.00 (469551) Interrupted Travel Drive on invisible objects - Improved in b4 HF1.

Post by Nailuj » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 09:38

Hiho,

when using a large ship, there seem to be invisible objects that interrupt travel drive or even stop your ship in normal flight.

Reproducable for me:

Take the free old Odyssey that can be found in the XEN sector and go to "Hatikvah's Decision" flying through the "Silent Witness" gate.
Follow the highway flying underneath it until you reach the first commercial bridge (there is a point where several XEN S enter the highway), then turn to the XEN gate and aim at the middle of the gate. Fly straight to the gate, no matter if slow or fast... somewhere at 10 to 16 km before the gate, the Ody may hang on an obstacle. In my case mostly with the lower end of the fin under the ship and it drops the nose as correctly if there was an obstacle. Pressing F2 twice and examining the area shows no obstacle. You can even fly around it an come back to hit it ;)
I use this "flight line" to interrupt XEN ore supplies and collect the drops of the fights there. So i fly this "imaginational line" several times and can sometimes find that obstacle. I always move forward to the gate and then backwards ( with 36 m/s ) and can even then hit the obstacle. Next time I hit it, i will do a save file with the ship at the position.

This also happens in other sectors, last for me in " 18.000.000.000 " when coming from the "south" gate and quickly travelling to the right middle corner of the sector.
There you are kicked out of traveldrive several times and no object can be seen. This happens in many sectors when using the old ODY...
To be clear... i mean outside any asteroid fields ;)

This also happens with drones positioned in the way while rushing the Ody with 5000+ m/s. You can then see the drone that hit you drift away. In older versions you could rush through drone fields like that. Okay, I find it more realistic if drones can pick you out of travel, but it wasn't so in older times ;)

This all didn't seem to appear, when I use my little Pegasus Travel ship that I have on board ;)

I hope, my english is okay to explain, what I found and you all understand my words ;)

Regards

Nailuij
Stell Dich nicht so an!

Nailuj
x4

Re: [1566]5.00 (469551) Interrupted Travel Drive on invisible objects

Post by Nailuj » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 12:32

Additional information:

It seems to be similar to this one here
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=444492

but I only notice something spawn in front of my Osaka now. I sold my Odyssey.
I see it spawn für some milliseconds and then it is invisible again or destroyed. The Osaka does not glitch into the roid... too large?

Seen this from the kitchen while the autopilot was running. When I arrived at the PC and pressed F2 twice to watch, there war no rock around me.

Cheers

Nailuij
Stell Dich nicht so an!

Waltz9

Post by Waltz9 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 14:49

Just to make sure.
In the beta versions of 4.0 I once had the same issue where I couldn't move a smal ship at all.
In the end it was a sattelite blocking my path.
It took me a long time to realise so I'm wondering if its possible there is a sattelite in front of you blocking the ship. These things are hard to spot sometimes.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 15:11

Note for devs: Also reported in some detail in this thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Jerry85
x4

{5.0 Beta 3] Travel Mode interupts on Capital Class Ships

Post by Jerry85 » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 16:51

Hello,

I´ve started a new game with 5.0. Haven´t played the game since a year. Whenever I use the travel mode on capital class ships (Syn and Rattlesnake so far) the mode interupts suddenly after some time. Sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after a minute.
It´s like colliding with some object, but there is nothing in my path, empty space. It´s also not caused by drones on the ships, I removed all drones on a ships but it´s still the same.

BR Jerry

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”