Miners assigned to station don't mine

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Zero Enna
x4

Miners assigned to station don't mine

Post by Zero Enna » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 18:05

Hi again o/

i have a small warehouse where i want to collect and then distribute minable stuff but the assigned miners are just flying around the station searching for resources.
i know there seems to be a bug when there are multiple minables of the same type so i told the station to only trade with hydrogen and silicon for now. i assigned one Bolo (Gas) and one Bolo (Minerals), they both have their orders which look correct to me, the manager of the station has 3 stars so they should be able to reach the location and there are probes as well
the warehouse sits in uranus, probes are in neptune (hydrogen) and oort cloud (silicon and hydrogen). the only thing that seems strange is that the range for "selling" is set to 0/3 jumps, can this cause the problem because they can't go back the jumps to the station to deliver the mined goods? does this count as trading?

Pic of Bolo (Gas) command: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 71B6533C8/

Katorone
x4

Re: Miners assigned to station don't mine

Post by Katorone » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 10:52

I'm having a similar setup to yours. Can you try:
- On your miners: "remove all orders and assignments"
- Have the miners move to Uranus
- When they're in the same sector as the warehouse, add them as subordinates again

They'll usually sit around for a minute looking for a mining target, but they should get moving.

Zero Enna
x4

Post by Zero Enna » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 00:17

Katorone wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 10:52
I'm having a similar setup to yours. Can you try:
- On your miners: "remove all orders and assignments"
- Have the miners move to Uranus
- When they're in the same sector as the warehouse, add them as subordinates again

They'll usually sit around for a minute looking for a mining target, but they should get moving.
i did all that already but i can try again. i also had solar panels on that warehouse that i removed because they were messing with ec-trading, maybe the warehouse didn't like to produce things as well (while not producing anything because of the 0.2% light :-/ )

Zero Enna
x4

Post by Zero Enna » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 02:18

i can't find the edit-button, so doublepost:

seems like i found the problem. even though the miners are the minions for the station and there shouldn't be any trading involved, i had to create buy-orders for the stuff. directly after doing that, the miner ran off to mine stuff...

wouldn't thought about that without the trouble i had just to get a few cargo ships move the stuff from the powerplant to the warehouse so i can sell from there...
srsly, that system is way too clunky and illogical

mimizu
x4

Post by mimizu » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 07:16

Zero Enna wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 02:18
i can't find the edit-button, so doublepost:

seems like i found the problem. even though the miners are the minions for the station and there shouldn't be any trading involved, i had to create buy-orders for the stuff. directly after doing that, the miner ran off to mine stuff...

wouldn't thought about that without the trouble i had just to get a few cargo ships move the stuff from the powerplant to the warehouse so i can sell from there...
srsly, that system is way too clunky and illogical
From my person experience, you have to creat a buy offer for your miner to mine for you. In this way, you can say I only need (buy) specific amount ore (like half full), after that plz mine sillicon.

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 22:06

I noticed the same thing is happening again. I was fixed in previouse betas but now the resources are extremly low. Tried the solution that was sugested above and also tryed to place new resouce probes. No use...

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 02:32

I have a trade station that processes dozens of mining ships every minute without issue. The underlying system is working fine so either you have encountered a rare edge case or have your station/ships misconfigured.

Here is a list of advice for frequently encountered problems.
  • Make sure the trade station has funds to generate buy orders. Sometimes the estimate is not enough to fill the internal storage so try giving it double.
  • Make sure that desired wares can be mined within the mining radius. Miners will actively ignore sectors like The Void due to its hazzards so cannot be considered a valid station mining site.
  • Make sure that the trade station logical overview makes sense. This means that the desired mineable to trade has both a buy and sell order generated, that the amount is left on automatic and that the buy price is lower than the sell price or that both buy and sell prices are left on automatic. You can restrict the trade however you see fit, such as buying from self only, but you must not restrict yourself since otherwise subordinates cannot interact with the station.
  • Make sure that multiple miners are assigned to both trade and mining roles. Miners in mining roles will only mine and sell to the trade station. Miners in trading roles can only sell mined wares from the trading station to other stations. A trader cannot mine and a miner cannot trade.
  • Make sure the miner has empty storage. If it is full of a different mineable ware then it will not be able to mine the wares that the station needs.
  • Try reassigning miners (remove assignment then assign again). Sometimes this forces their automatic orders to update and work better.
  • Try raising both manager and miner captain skill level. Cheap shop brought seminars up to 2 stars should be enough.
  • If the miner is a L miner, make sure the L miner has at least 1 mining drones. Without drones it cannot mine.
  • If the miner is a L miner, make sure that both station and miner have at least 1 cargo drone.
  • Make sure that the intended mining sector is not blacklisted for activities or travel. This can happen by mistake due to earlier blacklisting for a political hazard that has now passed.
  • Make sure the intended mining sector is not owned by an enemy. Miners will actively avoid mining in enemy sectors.

Zero Enna
x4

Post by Zero Enna » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 12:37

As already posted above, i already found the problem: i did not have buy orders for the harvestables.

But for me that's also something i shouldn't have to do. The miners aren't trading, they just come back into the home station and transfer wares. On that note, i also think it's very counter-intuitive that i need buy-orders if i want my own freighters to bring goods from another station via repeat orders. That's also just ware transfer and having to use buy-/sell orders is an unnecessary step in my opinion.

As i said, it feels like someone built the trade system and thought "i like it so much, i'm gonna use it EVERYWHERE"

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 18:12

Zero Enna wrote:
Fri, 2. Apr 21, 12:37
As already posted above, i already found the problem: i did not have buy orders for the harvestables.

But for me that's also something i shouldn't have to do. The miners aren't trading, they just come back into the home station and transfer wares. On that note, i also think it's very counter-intuitive that i need buy-orders if i want my own freighters to bring goods from another station via repeat orders. That's also just ware transfer and having to use buy-/sell orders is an unnecessary step in my opinion.

As i said, it feels like someone built the trade system and thought "i like it so much, i'm gonna use it EVERYWHERE"
To be honest i didn't do anithing, but now the miners are working again :gruebel:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”