BETA 4.8 Miners behaving badly

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

TomRobinson
x4

BETA 4.8 Miners behaving badly

Post by TomRobinson » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 00:13

Please have a look at the attached save:

https://gofile.io/d/Xo21ih

The component factory (DBI Component Factory) in The Void is having issues with helium supply.

There are 5 gas miners assigned. All 5 of them have mined methane exclusively and filled the storage up with methane while there is no helium so production is stalled.

There is helium probed in the same sector as they are in so its not a distance issue. And between 5 miners there should be some division of labour to proritise the lowest stocked resource to maintain production.

Once the helium is full the miners then travel all the way to BHS IV with 3/4 full holds of methane to start mining helium. Despite there being a higher density probed spot in the same sector as the factory (The Void)

The Issues(bugs) here are;

Miners not prioritising resource collection correctly despite resources being readily available with probes etc.
Miners travelling 3 sectors away to mine a lower density field!!

Can you comment on why this is happening and what can be one to fix it?
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

Rastuasi
x4

Re: BETA 4.8 Miners behaving badly

Post by Rastuasi » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 00:17

How did you get ahold of Beta 4.8? As far as I'm aware, there's only a beta version 4.0 HF8, 4.8 will not be around for another year once 4.0 is out in stable and a few other smaller additions done.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 00:23

The current version is 4.00 Beta 8, as stated at the top of the forum. That's what the OP is referring to.

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Sun, 7. Mar 21, 10:14

I am still noticing this behavior in beta 10;

Please see save;

https://gofile.io/d/6IGui3

#451 mining station has zero helium stock. There are 10 gas miners all mining methane.

Please can we get some behavior that they will check factory stock and select what to mine. I assume this behavior is determined by the manager?
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 7. Mar 21, 10:52

Just a quick addition to Beta 10 mining. - I'd started a thread elsewhere about a factory that seemed to be emptying of ore, despite it having a mass of miners. - None seemed to be actively returning to base even when full, and the factory eventually emptied of all ore after it was stated (after devs looked at my save) that the storage was full... - What turned out to be the problem, from observation, was I had a fair few repeat order miners unloading to the station, and it somehow seemed to conflict with the station miners until the stock ran out. -These repeat order miners didn't show in logical view as incoming. - I reassigned the repeaters to the station, and everything returned to normal. - *One thing I would say* is that the intermediate products were full to capacity, silicon wafers etc, and I also wondered if that somehow impacted mining behaviour. *BUT*, as I said, things returned to normal when I reassigned the repeat order independent miners as station miners.
“We’re impotent,” Michael said.

“We’ve a chance to put right past mistakes, and that’s what we’re doing right now,” Lucifer said, one eye on Persephone who looked deeply uncomfortable with the conversation. “This is our atonement.” Now that straightened his back. All she’d have to do is suggest he self-flagellated and he’d be in ecstasy. Of all their Father’s creations, she was pretty sure she and her siblings were by far the most flawed…

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”