[4.0 beta 2] - Heretic's End resources not picked up by resource probes

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

SpaceCadet11864
x4

[4.0 beta 2] - Heretic's End resources not picked up by resource probes

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Sun, 6. Dec 20, 19:05

I've noticed this everywhere in Heretic's End.
When in scan mode I'm seeing lots of Ore, but no matter where I place a resource probe, it always acts like there's nothing there.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.0 beta 2] - Heretic's End resources not picked up by resource probes

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 6. Dec 20, 19:50

It's not a new-to-beta issue. I made a further probably bad analogy of it here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Sun, 6. Dec 20, 20:12

I just looked at those threads and it seems kinda related, only that they seem to be talking more about the colored areas on the map. Like, I've seen areas where you fly to a colored area and there's really no asteroids around, or the ones that are around are empty, since 1.0 I've seen that.

What I'm talking about is slightly different, I'm in scan mode (SHIFT+2) and I'm sitting next to big rocks that light up and when I click on them they have ore in them, and there's tons of them. I drop a resource probe, right next to them, and the probe shows nothing.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 6. Dec 20, 23:31

As I have repeatedly said in those threads, nothing that you can actually see or scan has any direct relationship with the results of resource probes which are pre-determined by a numerical density algorithm acting upon the sector map in 3D and that has no relationship with the other potentially *visible* assets later added into the sector. (Not asteroids, not clouds, not dust, and probably not even the detail of the small map sector hexes background colours - which is the one area I remain partly unsure about.)

This has always been the case and not just in the new beta.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Mon, 7. Dec 20, 00:09

Ok, thanks - I misunderstood your thread and thought it was only talking about the case where its comparing map colors to the 3d world.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”