[3.3 Release] Many ships stuck in undocking (critical) condition - Probably fixed in 4.00.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Wultan
x4

[3.3 Release] Many ships stuck in undocking (critical) condition - Probably fixed in 4.00.

Post by Wultan » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 18:27

Over 20 of my ships are stuck in undocking (critical) condition. This is not the first time this has happened, but now I have made a save of it.
The only way to deal with the problem is to sell the ships.

Examples in Station Habitat Alpha:Group Alpha:
Group Alpha (Trader):
- HA Boa(LLU-413)
- HA Boa(LLX-637)
Group Beta (Miner):
- HA Alligator ...(NXZ-362)
- HA Alligator ...(QHK-804)

Another ship, which I sold a long time ago because it was stuck, is still moored at Habitat Alpha Station (20 02 Geier(KKI-606)).

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Save: StuckShips.xml.gz

Thufar
x4

Re: [3.3 Release] Many ships stuck in undocking (critical) condition

Post by Thufar » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 21:10

I downloaded this save and had a look. Thought I knew what might me going on, but was wrong. However...

This habitat you mentioned, it's built with a whole bunch of station parts overlapping each other. And I mean a bunch. I just wonder if the ships in internal storage are caught in the chaos of the station construction. I didn't look real hard, but I don't think the docks are in the construction chaos, but I don't know where the game puts ships that are in "internal storage." Maybe they just can't find a path to get out.

I don't build stations like that and I don't appear to have this problem. Just a thought...

Regards,
Thu

Wultan
x4

Post by Wultan » Tue, 8. Sep 20, 22:18

That do not matter in low attention Thufar.

BardicHeart

Post by BardicHeart » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 00:59

I'm having the same issue.

I have a large shipyard with 2 S/M Fab modules, 2 8M docks and 2 1M6S docks. I have somewhere around 60 M freighters permanently stuck "undocking". The game placed them in internal storage and while I can call them to the dock, board them, talk to the captain, etc. they will not undock. They all have engines, shields, etc. so its not a bug where they got stripped of their load out. I cannot take control of the ship, it says its busy. I cannot fire the captain or move them to another ship (used to be able to do that to interrupt a critical order). So instead they are permanently stuck with a critical undock order that it cannot complete.

Even selling them to another faction won't clear it.

All of the ships were assigned to other stations of mine as station traders.

The only way I found to get rid of them was to call them to dock, then jump in another ship and blow them up on the dock pad. However, when I tried to call about 20 of them to dock at once (since I had 2 8M, 2 S/M and 2 1M6S, should have been plenty of room for 20 to be pulled out of storage), my game crashed.

I haven't seen this happening at my other stations yet in this particular game, just the big shipyard.

I haven't seen this happening with S ships, but I don't have many of those so it could be I just haven't seen it due to not using S ships much.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”