Allies attacking ships that are being boarded (3.0 Beta)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Legitimate Salvage

Allies attacking ships that are being boarded (3.0 Beta)

Post by Legitimate Salvage » Sun, 12. Jan 20, 09:24

I found an SCA Behemoth in friendly space, so I tried my hand at boarding it. Once the ship was halted and marines in the process of attacking the crew, allied ships came by and destroyed it. I imagine this isn't intentional by design, so I figured I'd report it.

rene6740
x4

Re: Allies attacking ships that are being boarded (3.0 Beta)

Post by rene6740 » Mon, 13. Jan 20, 23:49

It's like this since release. I'd say it's intentional and not a bug. I would definetly like to see a change in behavior too.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 00:44

Wasn't this very issue eventually addressed in X Rebirth? I.e. if you were indeed allies with ships that would otherwise have attacked the target, they won't if you're boarding it.

I'd suggest that the same change be implemented in X4. So, if you're targetting a ship for boarding - i.e. the order has been given - then any allied ships attacking it will break off. If they're not allies however, then they may not consider your attempt to board any more important than their attempt to destroy.

Personally, I think if Pirates - or any faction really - are able to disable an enemy ship, they should have a go at boarding it. Not my ships though of course lol :)

Scoob.

rene6740
x4

Post by rene6740 » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 00:51

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 14. Jan 20, 00:44
Wasn't this very issue eventually addressed in X Rebirth? I.e. if you were indeed allies with ships that would otherwise have attacked the target, they won't if you're boarding it.

I'd suggest that the same change be implemented in X4. So, if you're targetting a ship for boarding - i.e. the order has been given - then any allied ships attacking it will break off. If they're not allies however, then they may not consider your attempt to board any more important than their attempt to destroy.

Personally, I think if Pirates - or any faction really - are able to disable an enemy ship, they should have a go at boarding it. Not my ships though of course lol :)

Scoob.
I don't think this was addressed in Rebirth. Did a quick scan on Rebirth Patch notes and couldn't find it there. Would be nice if NPC's ships would still help to disable the boarded ship and then leave it alone until boarding op fails or is completed successfully.

AuGuR
x4

Post by AuGuR » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 04:07

If the ship your'e trying to board is an enemy of another NPC faction, it makes sense they'd attack it up until you've capped it. It's when they keep attacking it after the cap that I'd tend to take issue with, and that's happened a few times when I was capping SCA ships. Other than incidental occurrences, there's no actual coordination between the player and any NPC faction, even at 30 rep.

Also, if you're overly worried about patrolling ships that would see your potential cap as an enemy, don't scan it. Especially if they haven't already figured out that it's a SCA ship. 25 marines is usually all it takes to cap a behemoth, so whittle away it's defenses and engines, then initiate the cap. Even if the NPCs don't know it's SCA, they won't bother you for attacking it... usually. Also helps to be outside of radar range of both the NPCs and any stations, including your own, when you initiate the attack and board.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”