[Beta 3.0] Selling a ship with you onboard makes you a prisoner of that ship

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Velocifasor
x4

[Beta 3.0] Selling a ship with you onboard makes you a prisoner of that ship

Post by Velocifasor » Mon, 6. Jan 20, 17:51

Version and language: 3.0 English
Whether or not your game is modified: Only LearnAllTheThings and SectorSatellites mods.
Game start being played: Young Gun.
Exact nature of the problem: I sold my main ship with me on board hoping it'd dock first and kick me out, but it sold instantly rendering me a prisoner in my own ship. The captain takes over but I can't give orders to it because it's not under my command anymore. I can't exit the ship from the docking port nor is the "use spacesuit" option available anymore.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [Beta 3.0] Selling a ship with you onboard makes you a prisoner of that ship

Post by CBJ » Mon, 6. Jan 20, 18:05

If the ship is still docked, you should still be able to get out using the transporter room menu. If you're in space then you'll just have to wait to land; this isn't the only way to get aboard a ship whose destination you have no control over! :)

tomchk
x4

Re: [Beta 3.0] Selling a ship with you onboard makes you a prisoner of that ship

Post by tomchk » Mon, 6. Jan 20, 19:30

Isn't the spacesuit option supposed to be available on NPC ships? I thought I had used it to set bombs on a NPC ship one time (great feature by the way). If not, could you please add that? It seems like you should be able to "bail" from any ship, and this could be really cool if you add main game missions like the awesome combat tutorial (flying on an allied carrier). For example, maybe the ship(s) you own or use get destroyed, and the allied carrier is about to explode? If you can't teleport, bailing and trying to reach another allied ship would be awesome.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 6. Jan 20, 19:53

Logically, I'm not sure if the owner of whatever ship you're on would be too pleased about you commandeering one of their spacesuits. Practically, however, I can see that it would be useful.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Mon, 6. Jan 20, 19:59

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 6. Jan 20, 19:53
Logically, I'm not sure if the owner of whatever ship you're on would be too pleased about you commandeering one of their spacesuits. Practically, however, I can see that it would be useful.
Ah, okay, I didn't see the spacesuit as coming with the ship. I thought of it as something that somehow was hidden on the player all the time (perhaps miniaturized or similar). I figured that fits better with the fact that you use the same spacesuit upgrades anywhere you are, including after teleporting to a new ship, etc.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 6. Jan 20, 20:05

The upgrade configuration definitely goes with you personally but that is just data, leaving where the spacesuit itself comes from open to interpretation. We will have to see where this suggestion leads. :)

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Mon, 6. Jan 20, 20:28

Sounds good--thanks for the consideration! I hope your holidays have been great.

Velocifasor
x4

Post by Velocifasor » Mon, 6. Jan 20, 23:12

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 6. Jan 20, 18:05
If the ship is still docked, you should still be able to get out using the transporter room menu. If you're in space then you'll just have to wait to land; this isn't the only way to get aboard a ship whose destination you have no control over! :)
No option to use spacesuit. Only cockpit and docking area options.

Also, I was in the middle of nowhere when this happened (so I'm not docked to a station) and the ship didn't move at all for a long time so I just had to load a previous save (thank god it wasn't too long ago :wink: ). I'm not sure if it should eventually start doing something once the NPC commanding it starts living it's own life in the universe.

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 00:12

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 6. Jan 20, 18:05
IMO, it would be nice to have the ability to pay captain of that ship to dock on the desired/nearest station (the command would be added into the ship's queue). Of course, the price would go higher the further the destination is. :)

MrXoT
x4

Post by MrXoT » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 11:53

Alm888 wrote:
Tue, 7. Jan 20, 00:12
IMO, it would be nice to have the ability to pay captain of that ship to dock on the desired/nearest station (the command would be added into the ship's queue). Of course, the price would go higher the further the destination is. :)
Its good option, but players can abuse that to boarding ship alone.
I see only 3 options, when player talk with captain or use elevator button:
1) Player spawn in drop pod(like npc) and fly by autopilot to station.
2) Player teleport to station
3) Player can spawn in spacesuit, but its can take a lot of time...

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 12:32

Well once I managed to stand on the wing of a ship underconstruction in a SY,
when I came back I stood on the outside of the ship in another sector.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Velocifasor
x4

Post by Velocifasor » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 16:41

I wonder if the ship didn't move because it had "Hold Position" as the default behaviour before selling it.

Like I said the spacesuit option was not there and the ship didn't move for 10+ minutes so I just had to load a previous save.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”