[Bug 3.0, Beta 4, Build (378025)] Map sector/hexagon moved off screen - Fix in a future build.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Ominae392
x4

[Bug 3.0, Beta 4, Build (378025)] Map sector/hexagon moved off screen - Fix in a future build.

Post by Ominae392 » Sat, 28. Dec 19, 21:08

https://i.ibb.co/7G0vNxJ/image.png
  • Unmodded
  • No clue what start I used nor where to find it
Entire sector (Pious Mists XI) moved off screen at some point during the last few hours of SETA. Not sure if it's related but this is the first time I've encountered this issue and it happened just after building my first Venture base. You can see in the image above that the accelerator connections go waaaaay off screen and the entire sector itself is black.

Reverting to an old save fixes the problem *but* only after reloading the game. Loading the broken save first and then loading my previous save maintains the broken map across the reload.

I don't know if it's of interest but here is my save. I don't see an obvious attachment icon and wasn't sure how best to embed said save so I am including a Dropbox link. Smash cut to 5 minutes from now I'm sure someone will point out a post explaining, in excruciating detail, how to properly attach saves. :)

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

MrXoT
x4

Re: [Bug 3.0, Beta 4, Build (378025)] Map sector/hexagon moved off screen

Post by MrXoT » Sun, 29. Dec 19, 19:07

I have this bug and reproduce 3 times, but devs say my game is modded...

I think the problem with drones or landings ships when SETA is on, i have location where lot of patruling ships and if i enable SETA after some time sector are move off screen.
Maybe low FPS also affects this problem but SETA is 100% activate this bug.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 29. Dec 19, 20:05

@ MrXoT: ".. but devs say my game is modded..." Well either you modded it or you didn't and so you should know. :wink: The problem with a modded game is that the devs cannot use your saves to help find the issue, nor can they spend their valuable time working on issues that might turn out to be due to mods.

The OP's vanilla save and screenshot plus the information that the issue when present survives a reload to a known good save if without a game restart are all indeed useful and may well be looked at by the devs after the holiday break.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

sadpanda
x4

Sectors are all starting to move off map view.

Post by sadpanda » Mon, 30. Dec 19, 21:02

Ok I have the latest beta, one of my sectors yesterday was gone from the map and the highways went off of the viewable map screen, today three have moved out of the map screen. When I clicked "R" to view myself in the sector the screen is black. I do NOT have a modded game. Here is the link to the save file. If I have submitted this incorrectly please let me know.

Thank you.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iwRWlc ... sp=sharing

HueyPitcher
x4

Post by HueyPitcher » Sat, 4. Jan 20, 18:57

Hello,

same bug in my X4 (unmodiefied/ V 3.00 Beta 4 HF2). Sector Trinity Sanctum III. It occurs while using the SETA-(SINZA-)Function after a short time. Ship was positioned nearby my own station.

MrXoT
x4

Post by MrXoT » Fri, 24. Jan 20, 08:10

I found fix for that problem and where does this come from, and is problem with catapulted ship over 300 000 km+ and this ship very hard found because he can leave out of map.
After catapulted, the sector size increases significantly and center of sector can change position and leave hex border.

How i found it, I knew digging into the save file and found a lot of created "tempzone" with big numbers coordinates, if i try edit offset coodinates sector start change position, after i delete all "tempzone" with my ships from save file and sector back to normal size. But i dont know selling catapulted ship delete "tempzone" or not.

DocAce
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by DocAce » Mon, 27. Jan 20, 11:53

This should be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”