2.6 beta 1 Xenon too weak now

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Nexuscrawler
x4

Re: 2.6 beta 1 Xenon too weak now

Post by Nexuscrawler » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 20:04

SpaceCadet11864 wrote:
Tue, 17. Sep 19, 19:39
can you explain your test results, and what they mean?
If I'm reading that script right it checks the amount of Xenon ships and structures that are left in the universe every 5 minutes and lists them along with the total amount of killed Xenon up to that point. It's also showing systems that have been taken over and by whom.
It's basically showing that the number of Xenon ships is getting less and less over time and they are losing systems.
"Populanten von transparenten Domizilen mit fragiler Außenstruktur sollten mit fester Materie keine transzendenten Bewegungen durchführen."

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 20:32

Nexuscrawler wrote:
Tue, 17. Sep 19, 20:04
SpaceCadet11864 wrote:
If I'm reading that script right it checks the amount of Xenon ships and structures that are left in the universe every 5 minutes and lists them along with the total amount of killed Xenon up to that point. It's also showing systems that have been taken over and by whom.
It's basically showing that the number of Xenon ships is getting less and less over time and they are losing systems.
Thank you! :)

Xcaliber
x4

Post by Xcaliber » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 20:54

radcapricorn wrote:
Mon, 16. Sep 19, 07:05
They tried that, but Brennan disagreed ;)
Can anyone remember the old Khaak destroyer that looked like a rotating mower blade? They were evil sector killers, the khaak now need them.

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 21:17

Yeah, Even though the Xenon have destroyed the HAT trading station in Hatvikas choice, they are still regularly invading it, other than that. HOP took a bunch of xenon sectors as well. I'm not sure about overall Xenon health as I haven't unlocked all the maps. I'm getting random xenon encounters in Grand Exchange as well, but I'm also noticing a performance decrease there as well (game just isnt fun for me when its FPS goes this low). It seems like there are a ton of trading vessels in there now after building a multiplex.

teleportationwars

Post by teleportationwars » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 23:40

SpaceCadet11864 wrote:
I posted the code above the log. The interval is 10 minutes. Not too sure what happened with sector ownership but those lines were written as the event triggered.

The xenon are comically bad at being xenon. Not just the xenon, large portions of faction logic fail for every faction. The the big 3 "realism" systems: faction logic, economy, ship building each have a hacky workaround:

Faction logic has a catch up mechanic,
economy has an Drain_Stations.xml to create artificial demand,
and ship building uses Encounters.xml to create many many ships from thin air.

Faction logic has the most broken elements. They have made some generic statements in the way of changing how sector ownership works which could mean more attention to it.

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 23:55

I thought drain_stations only affects wares for trading stations to create demand for things like drugs and niv crystals, not the rest of the things (that was my understanding last I brought it up a while ago, they could have changed the code)

I was too lazy to read the code, just wanted an explanation :roll: thanks for explaining.

teleportationwars

Post by teleportationwars » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 01:16

SpaceCadet11864 wrote:
Tue, 17. Sep 19, 23:55
I thought drain_stations only affects wares for trading stations to create demand for things like drugs and niv crystals, not the rest of the things (that was my understanding last I brought it up a while ago, they could have changed the code)

I was too lazy to read the code, just wanted an explanation :roll: thanks for explaining.
nope, its all the wares in tradestations

Code: Select all

<set_value name="$TradeWares" exact="$Station.tradewares.list"/>
              <do_if value="$TradeWares.count">
                <do_all exact="$TradeWares.count" counter="$WareIdx">
                  <set_value name="$Ware" exact="$TradeWares.{$WareIdx}" />
                  <set_value name="$MaxAmount" exact="$Station.cargo.{$Ware}.target"/>
                  <do_if value="$MaxAmount gt 0">
                    <do_if value="$StationData.{$Station}.{$Ware}?">
                      <append_to_list name="$StationData.{$Station}.{$Ware}" exact="($Station.cargo.{$Ware}.count)f / $MaxAmount"/>
                    </do_if>
                    <do_else>
                      <set_value name="$StationData.{$Station}.{$Ware}" exact="[($Station.cargo.{$Ware}.count)f / $MaxAmount]"/>
                    </do_else>
                    <do_if value="$StationData.{$Station}.{$Ware}.count gt 2">
                      <!-- build average and check if we need to drain something -->
                      <do_if value="$StationData.{$Station}.{$Ware}.average gt 0.75f">
                        <remove_cargo object="$Station" ware="$Ware" min="$MaxAmount * 0.2f" max="$MaxAmount * 0.4f" result="$RemovedAmount"/>

spankahontis
xr

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 02:27

HOP have taken all of Faulty Logic from the Xenon and Alyissa's Misfortune has lost one of it's Defence Platforms to the HOP; so it's looking like they are on their way to wiping the Xenon out of that region.

Yet.. So far, the rest of the Xenon Sectors across the Universe have fought their relative other into a mix of stalemates and possible counter-attacks.
Scale Plate Green is relatively fortified, full of I's and K's and yet the Xenon haven't expanded into Company Regard either.
The Xenon Matrix north of Ianimus Zura has a Teladi Defense Platform, but it's surrounded in Xenon Destroyers and Fighters; It was down to 10% Hull when I left and the Xenon were finishing the last of the Stations defence drones off. So a possible comeback for the Xenon in that region of space? Or a too and throw?
Tharka's Cascade has so far been uneventful, the Xenon send ships through the gate, they have no Stations in Hatikvah's Choice and Hatikvah shows no activity in Tharka's Cascade either. A Stalemate.
My most annoying Bugs list 2.60 Beta 3
--------------------------------
Xenon & Kha'ak Stations wont die FIXED! :D
War Factions are not fighting each other FIXED?
Right Comscreen Freezes and breaks :o
Xenon Nerfed :cry:

SplitBoy
x4

Post by SplitBoy » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 03:14

HOP did stop there conquest Atiyas in my Save and did settle for a contestet sector only.

TEL did take Matrix Matrix 458 and liberated Company Regard after the Xenon annexed it for a while right now the is a Xenon Offensive rampart in Hewas Twin I and HOP did Start to contest Pious Mists.

Tharkas is peaceful for the time being as is Hatikvas.
You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 09:27

I started new with 2.60 Beta 1

At the beginning:
- HOP cleared faulty logic but did not expand further
- HOP invaded second contact II but was pushed back and they seem to have settled to stay in their sector
- Xenon invaded Ianamus Zura and tried to build defence stations but Teladi had a big fleet and pushed them back

Now (after 10h in game no ZINSA)

- Universe cold a bit down from invasions. Most activities seems to be in IZ where Xenon continuously send forces but the Teladi are very strong there this time.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 09:55

SplitBoy wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 03:14
HOP did stop there conquest Atiyas in my Save and did settle for a contestet sector only.

TEL did take Matrix Matrix 458 and liberated Company Regard after the Xenon annexed it for a while right now the is a Xenon Offensive rampart in Hewas Twin I and HOP did Start to contest Pious Mists.

It seems the situation isnt that different from 2.5...

SplitBoy
x4

Post by SplitBoy » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 11:41

The Teladi have Taken Matrix #458 i consider this something considering how bad they tended to defend Ianamus Zura in 2.50.

HOP on the other Hand steam rolling the Xenon and PAR while fending of ANT/ARG without breaking a sweet i attribute to the changes to HOP economy and resources availability.
You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 14:27

Warnoise wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 09:55
SplitBoy wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 03:14

It seems the situation isnt that different from 2.5...
not really, all they do is lose now and no way to expand and the only one sector they maybe take Is Haticvas but thats bc argon leaves it defenseless all the time and I have never in any save saw them attack Xenon thru that sector

and I bet give enough time in that save that xenon will loose all there sectors

spankahontis
xr

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 20:46

So far after a Day and 5 Hours of Gameplay, the HOP have taken one of the Sectors of Attiya's Misfortune, their core system with the Shipyard and Wharf is all that's left.
HOP have a couple of Defense Platforms in S.C Flashpoint, they seem to be holding their way while pushing further forward in Xenon Territory. Heaven forbid they take all of the Xenon's southern territory.
I don't thing the Godrealm or Antigone/Argon stand a chance when they amass their full force.

Everywhere else there is no change, still a stalemate. Though twice now the Teladi of Ianimus Zura have destroyed a Xenon Station in their territory and have built a defense platform in the neighbouring Xenon Matrix.
Everywhere else there is no change.
My most annoying Bugs list 2.60 Beta 3
--------------------------------
Xenon & Kha'ak Stations wont die FIXED! :D
War Factions are not fighting each other FIXED?
Right Comscreen Freezes and breaks :o
Xenon Nerfed :cry:

radcapricorn
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 22:11

I don't know guys. In my game, after I "accidentally" lured the Xenon into Company Regard some 8-10 hours ago, things haven't improved for the Teladi there. Xenon keep spanking them, decimating their stations. And now there's an I and two Ks dismantling the trading station in Hewa's Twin. Not sure what the Teladi military is doing at this point.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”