The public Beta program allows you to try out our next update or patch and provide feedback before it is released. As such, we cannot guarantee that it will be free of bugs. In particular, while we will endeavour to maintain compatibility, we cannot guarantee that savegames made with a Beta patch or update will be compatible with the final released version.
Before running any Beta version, please ensure that you back up your savegames so that they can be restored if you find any problems.
In addition to the General Forum Rules a number of special rules apply to this forum.
- For practical reasons, we have to ask everyone to post in English. Please contact a DevNet public forum moderator if you need help with translating your report into English.
- Posts in this forum are limited to feedback involving problems with the currently released version and/or the current Beta patch or update. Posts involving other subjects including but not limited to general discussion of the game, the company or the development process, general gameplay enquiries, new feature ideas, hardware recommendations, complaints, questions about the future releases, and any thread containing arguments between individuals, may be locked or deleted by the moderators without prior warning.
- All posts reporting problems should contain as much as possible of the following information:
- A descriptive title (not just "It's broken!!!").
- If your report involves performance, graphics/sound issues, hangs or crashes, then your system specifications in the form of a DxDiag report.
- The version of X4: Foundations that you are running, including Beta patch version and hotfix number where applicable (e.g. "1.30 Release" or "1.31 Beta 1").
- A description of the problem and its symptoms, including any error messages received.
- The location in the game where the problem occurred, and the circumstances which led to it, where applicable.
- If you are able to reproduce the problem, then please include the steps someone else should take to do so.
- Any additional information that could help trace the problem, including screenshots, crash dump files and savegames (see below).
- Reports involving modified games will be ignored. Also make sure you are not using the -prefersinglefiles command line option.
Note: We are not able respond to to all reports individually. This does not mean that we are ignoring them. All reports will be read, the findings analysed and, where appropriate, fed into our development process. We may respond to some reports, for example to request additional information, ask people to try again with the latest update, etc.
Note: In order to prevent problems with the timeline of discussions being lost, the ability to edit or delete your own posts has been disabled in this forum.