[#2412]A pirate's life / High-Tech Hold Up

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Zentsuki

[#2412]A pirate's life / High-Tech Hold Up

Post by Zentsuki » Mon, 10. Jun 24, 19:24

I'm not sure whether to post this in the Beta or Live version since this is a bug pertaining to the Tides of Avarice DLC if I remember correctly, but I am currently using the beta version.

My progression during A Pirate's Life is blocked. I have completed two of the three quests required to progress the A Pirate's Life objectives, but I am stuck on High-Tech Hold-Up.

I believe this is because I talked to Ace before the quest asked me to do so. If I talk to him now, he says that the heist will greatly help them.

https://imgur.com/a/yKXwEyu

https://imgur.com/a/jMcCi6Q

In the meantime, if anyone knows a workaround, I'd appreciate it. I don't have a save prior to talking to him and I've played for nearly a hundred hours since

Zentsuki

Re: A pirate's life / High-Tech Hold Up

Post by Zentsuki » Mon, 10. Jun 24, 19:25

Images, since the embed doesn't seem to work

https://imgur.com/a/jMcCi6Q

https://imgur.com/a/yKXwEyu

murath2
x4

Post by murath2 » Tue, 11. Jun 24, 04:24

I had the same issue and I did actually manage to fix it. I think at least. It was a serious pain to do though and I wouldn't call it much of a solution because it involves editing the savefile. And it took me 3 hours of tinkering to get working.

I can't really describe precisely what needs to be changed, there are too many things and I honestly lost track of it already, but here's what I've done:

- I've started a new game and got the Arcadian Endeavor plotline into the same state I have on my current save file, except I finished Ace's quest that was stuck on my current savefile.
- I unpacked both saves and opened them up, found the lines responsible for marking progress for various quest triggers. Then edited the current savefile to match the new savefile (I was trying to force the game to think I completed that questline).
- I had to also find the list of current missions and edit that so it doesn't get stuck.
- There were some other issues I encountered along the way, I had to start another quest on a new save file and find a point where things would "align", sometimes even though I made all the changes the quest would refuse to progress (I imagine I was still missing some important things that I needed to edit).
- I eventually found a point in the questline that didn't get stuck and the quest proceeded and finished like normal. Then I could grab the next quest from Maestro and keep going.

So far it's working, I have no idea though if this is going to have any repercussions along the line. I would personally not advise to do this, the questline doesn't give you any worthwhile permanent rewards anyway so it's not worth tinkering like this with your save just to get it unstuck, it'd be way worse to screw up your whole save. Just posting it here in case somebody is REALLY desperate and wants to try something, you could spend 3 hours of your evening like me trying to get this to work :P

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 11. Jun 24, 11:15

A save game would be required to investigate the issue, please provide one.

MFG

Ketraar

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 11. Jun 24, 13:28

Ace while standing on the dock first introduces himself ("Hello, you must be Chipmunk"... "You go ahead now, I'll be right behind you"), and when talking again will always say "We could really use the revenue generated from this robbery.", which is probably what you mean when saying "If I talk to him now, he says that the heist will greatly help them.". So far that is correct. At this point if I undock, Ace will be in the "Golden Fleece" and the High Tech Holdup part of the mission continues. Ace then undocks, while talking "let us see if we can find a system that is not too heavily patrolled" and "Whenever we are looking for a suitable target ... ".

So when you undock, you don't get Ace to fly in his ship?

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#2412]A pirate's life / High-Tech Hold Up

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 11. Jun 24, 14:30

Ok, found something which could be the cause of the problem you ran into, the next build will contain a fix for this.
Doing this change blind and without a savegame I can't confirm that this will really fix the issue for you.

So with the next build containing that fix, after you load your savegame, try talking to Ace again, he should say "We could really use the revenue generated from this robbery".
After that, undock and then Ace should speak his lines and then also undock. Let us know if it works.

Zentsuki

Post by Zentsuki » Wed, 12. Jun 24, 10:28

Thanks! Sorry for not responding earlier, it kinda slipped my mind. Would you still like a save file? I assume you're hella busy with the near-release of Timelines but if you prefer I can wait for the next build and let you know whether the fix worked or not.

Note: I have since introduced two mods (Sector Explorer & Shinier gemstones) but the issue occurred before I installed them.

Zentsuki

Post by Zentsuki » Fri, 14. Jun 24, 01:03

The fix seems to be working! Thank you!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”