Beta 7 Que problem ?

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Mr.Killer
x4

Beta 7 Que problem ?

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 20:50

So, after battling some Xenon ships I got away with barely a hull to hold on to, so I went before to a FRF wharf to replace the engine, but it drains the shields far faster than the Katana's TER engine. Took that ship from Fires of defeat to Segaris to replace the engine, repair and some other stuff. Noticed the Katana (HPK-881) that has a few missiles that are unused, so want to sell them in the process and then assign this Katana to my Behemoth. Do not do this when you added the sell stuff action and then assign it to a new commander, because it throws away all the previous actions. Why?
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/53hnllb8 ... 359z1&dl=0
If you add after assigning those sell/repair actions, then they stay there, why not the other way around?
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

chew-ie
x4

Re: Beta 7 Que problem ?

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 20:54

That's normal. Assigning to a new commander removes everything else.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 12:07

chew-ie wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 24, 20:54
That's normal. Assigning to a new commander removes everything else.
And it is the other way around working as should? That is illogical. It is not called a QUE for the purpose of not functioning at whims of programming. I don't know how to say this neatly, but I find the remark very disturbing because no alarm or any kind of signal is given and on top of that, old instructions does stay put, until I, the player, notices that the ship is going another way than the player wants. (This happens all too often when people 'forget' that it had this action planned)
So, at any whim it does what you say, and all the other actions are disturbingly fine....

1) go to a position of choice.
2) do the things it needs to be done.
3) after complete that action,
4) assign yourself to this commander.

It is simple basic programming, and it is weird to give an order in a que and then another, and that stays in que too, then given a assign order, THAT removes everything in the que????

This should not be, we expect given ships to follow the que, not to find all given actions, precision actions at time by placing things to cover area, after the assign action, that it removes all previous actions, gone!?!

Do not tell that is normal, it is totally not!

So, I ask the team therefor to not do that, or warn the player that this is gonna happen. (at least!)
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 13:31

Mr.Killer wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 24, 12:07
It's normal since 6.2 (or any other major version) and no 7.0 issue. On re-assign commander all orders are cleared - perfectly valid in term of technical implementation as this "clearing" only is connected.

If you want this changed this is IMHO feature request in the main X4 board.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 10:55

chew-ie wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 24, 13:31
Mr.Killer wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 24, 12:07
It's normal since 6.2 (or any other major version) and no 7.0 issue. On re-assign commander all orders are cleared - perfectly valid in term of technical implementation as this "clearing" only is connected.

If you want this changed this is IMHO feature request in the main X4 board.
That last sentence you mentioned, it crossed my mind, but I was thinking: 'Why am I the only one who's bothered by this?' But at the same time I had hopes that others would pick this also as a, not problem but weird way of.... you know!
But if I am the only one, I'm not gonna spoil the pleasure of things for anybody else. So, maybe the X4 gods notices this and change it, I'm not going there to put a request in, I will bite my tongue if I make this mistake again, and I will, darn!

(Also, having troubles describing the problem in a short message.)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 14:06

I'm going to test this again. I distinctly remember when commander reassignment cleared the entire queue. However, I'm sure I've captured a ship, sent it for refitting and queued up an assign commander order and it's retained that earlier refitting order. Remember also, at one time, sending a ship for outfitting would also clear the entire queue.

Really, all orders should queue, why would assign new commander be an exception? I've often wanted to re-equip a ship then assign it to a new role. Pretty darn common when you capture a lot of ships like I do.

Here's the thing, I've had queued reassignments work preserving the prior order queue. I'll have to see if there's a way to recreate it reliably. It's likely a combination of what orders are queued beforehand, or perhaps what type of commander it's being assigned to. A station or another ship.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”