B7.2 (528865) - Coordinated Fleet combat feedback (Defense groups!)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Myrath
x4

B7.2 (528865) - Coordinated Fleet combat feedback (Defense groups!)

Post by Myrath » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 15:24

Hi,
I've been executing numerous coordinated attack commands lately to do cleanup of VIG & XEN outposts.

I would suggest that coordinate attack, should mind the "defense" squads more carefully.
Those fighters & destroyers set to defense should not line up to attack the station, but should defend the ships that are lines up versus incoming targets.

I've had quite some Xenon destroyers approach my prepared ships, and have them just blow up raptors because the fighter wings were not deploying to defend those ships when they were attacked.

IMHO attack & bombard ships should line up for the assault. perhaps even intercept ships.
But those on defense should engage those ships that assault the attack groups.

I'm in the middle of a large scale assault to clean up the VIG & XEN factions with 12 active fleets. (Generally small squads of a carrier, asgard, 10 destroyers and 50 fighters). But it's hard to monitor all the combat at once if they are not defending them selves.

Khugan
x4

Re: B7.2 (528865) - Coordinated Fleet combat feedback (Defense groups!)

Post by Khugan » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 15:44

I have found no use for "defense', it and Attack could use some love.

Bombard and Intercept seem flawless to me.

Attack is ok, but sometimes only a few fighters attack and the others just have the ->-> follow and don't engage with the commander. There is currently a bug that causes some wing members to simply stall, but that is a separate issue. What I'm talking about happened long before the current "stall" bug. If the commander of the attack wing has a target then all wing members should also have that target.

Defense needs to stay right with what they are defending and not be drawn far off to be isolated and killed. It needs to be something like Guard Position, where they only attack things within firing distance of their charge, and quickly return if the enemy flies away. Maybe low skilled pilots will be drawn off and killed. I remember trying to use defense as a sort of wing man to members of another wing, a wing within a wing, but those "Wingmen" would dock with the rest of the ships. As it is now, Defense doesn't get used in my fleets. I'd really like to see it improved.

Khugan
x4

Re: B7.2 (528865) - Coordinated Fleet combat feedback (Defense groups!)

Post by Khugan » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 15:48

I don't see a way to edit my post, but I mean to say that "Wingmen" would not dock with the rest of the ships.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”