[6.0 RC1] Ship speed bug not fixed (Save)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Scoob
x4

[6.0 RC1] Ship speed bug not fixed (Save)

Post by Scoob » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 00:32

Hi,

Please examine this saved game.

In it, you are piloting a Cobra that is capable of well over 400 m/s normally. However, during my attempt to force the SCA Discoverer to bail, this ship's speed suddenly became limited to just 107 m/s.

I've reloaded this save and the issue persists.

Note: I'm aware of other threads discussing this topic from as far back at Beta 1, however, they state that this issue should be fixed now. It's not.

Note 2: prior to this incident, everything was fine. I started to engage the Discoverer - attempting to force it to bail - when suddenly my ship's speed was limited. I was not hit, didn't bump into anything, ship was simply suddenly capped at 107 m/s. Literally, I was simply flying the ship with it able to achieve it's correct max speed of over 400 m/s, I did a turn to follow the manoeuvring Discoverer and my speed was suddenly stuck at 107 m/s.

As this issue persists after reloading the save, hopefully it gives you something to work on.

Scoob
x4

Re: [6.0 RC1] Ship speed bug not fixed (Save)

Post by Scoob » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 00:35

Sorry, meant to add:

Toggling Match Speed (Shift + x) ON then OFF appears to fix the issue. Match speed had previously NOT been used in this encounter, I was simply trying things to try to recover the situation.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 10:28

I think this is a rather different issue to the previous ones. You are not being limited to in-dock speed limit (49 m/s) outside a dock, rather you seem to be reporting an unwanted 'match target speed' input or effect.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 16:40

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 2. Apr 23, 10:28
I think this is a rather different issue to the previous ones. You are not being limited to in-dock speed limit (49 m/s) outside a dock, rather you seem to be reporting an unwanted 'match target speed' input or effect.
Ah, I saw several reports of various speed limiting situations, not all of them were the <50 m/s docking speed. Never actually had that one myself.

While it might be linked to the match speed feature - toggling it on and off certainly resolved the issue for me - match speed was not being used, plus the ship I was targetting was doing well over 300, while I was stuck at 107.

Regardless, hopefully the save demonstrating the issue gives the devs some insight into what might be going on.

Note: with the new UI changes, it quite clear to see if match speed is active, so it's clear that's not the case when loading the save.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”