[4.2 b4] Xenons unable to kill trade station & OOS turret damage likely too weak

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

iforgotmysocks
x4

[4.2 b4] Xenons unable to kill trade station & OOS turret damage likely too weak

Post by iforgotmysocks » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 22:50

I've been wondering what happend to all the xenon as i barely saw any in my play through, but then i realized they were just preoccupied failing to take down this trade station. The station repaired itself from 69 to 70% while i was watching oos and was sitting at 69% hours later. I checked all the xenon ships turrets, all in perfect health, as soon as entered the zone they all started firing.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png

Another issue i observed was that a modded M-ship's turrets had no issues taking down a K's shields IZ, but OOS it couldn't make a dent. The turrets also took out fighters very fast IZ, but OOS it took forever for the ship to kill any fighters. So it seems turrets may still be way too weak in OOS combat.

No custom gamestart, but modded. However the mods do not impact vanilla ship strength or combat, and i'm certain of that cause i wrote them myself.
The modded save won't be looked into (sadly), but maybe somebody else playing vanilla can check the trade station in open market and see if it's playing xenon capital magnet as well.

flywlyx
x4

Re: [4.2 b4] Xenons unable to kill trade station & OOS turret damage likely too weak

Post by flywlyx » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 08:35

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 22:50
The modded save won't be looked into (sadly), but maybe somebody else playing vanilla can check the trade station in open market and see if it's playing xenon capital magnet as well.
Trading station is a really hard target, I help Xenon disabled its turrets and it still take a long time for them to finish the whole station.
I am not sure how many K it takes, in my save it took one day for Xenon to finish a trading station.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: [4.2 b4] Xenons unable to kill trade station & OOS turret damage likely too weak

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 10:43

Issue is, it already has 11 xenon capitals on it, i'm not sure how much more the vanilla jobs even allow to be created. And about 10 hours later, the station repaired itself back to 80% hp, with all those caps shooting it.

Phipsz
x4

Post by Phipsz » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 16:44

Theory: The station is fully equipped with beam turrets. These will shred the Xenon turrets, but are not able to kill the ships themselves. Now, the gunless Xenon ships circle around the station, doing no damage but not taking damage either, since beam turrets are too weak to damage capitals, especially if the damage is splitted among almost a dozen of them

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 16:46

Phipsz wrote:
Sat, 4. Dec 21, 16:44
Theory: The station is fully equipped with beam turrets. These will shred the Xenon turrets, but are not able to kill the ships themselves. Now, the gunless Xenon ships circle around the station, doing no damage but not taking damage either, since beam turrets are too weak to damage capitals, especially if the damage is splitted among almost a dozen of them
I already wrote above that all xenon ships turrets are intact. :/

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 02:01

Little update, over a day later their numbers increased to 13 capital ships and the station repaired itself to 83%.

Gabeux
x4

Post by Gabeux » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 03:05

I've also noticed Xenons are being highly ineffective against stations.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 23:17

Another update, i've noticed occasional builders make it to the station, possibly those were the reason the station was able to repair rather fast over short periods, until the builder was destroyed again.

What definitely seemed to speed up the destruction after 3 days (possibly more, as i only discovered the station 3 days ago, but the xenons were already piling up on it for a possibly very long time), was some smaller xenon squads assisting.
Those seem to be the cause for the station to finally get killed.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 00:51

I think the issue you're describing is specific to the Teladi Trading Station. I've seen it before on earlier versions. If I happen to see it again I'll try to get a save.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 11:48

In my game too the Xenon are unable to destroy it, no matter how many ships they use.
However, i wouldn't neccessarily blame it on the turrets. The Teladi Trading Station constantly self-repairing and being (almost?) unkillable has been a reoccuiring issue in many versions, and considering I see no other station showing these issues I'd say it's more likely that it's an issue with the TTS instead of turrets.

OOS turret damage/turret behavior is pretty much ok as far as I experience the beta.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 12:22

Could it be that in low attention the ships are outside their turret ranges so unable to damage the station? Even with how tough those Teladi trade stations are, the Destroyer I should kill them over time, given how they melt destroyers now.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 12:31

Can you please upload a save with this situation so we can take a look. Cheers.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”