[4.20 Beta 4] OOS Combat: Small ships being sniped (and killed) by stations while on Highways - Fix in a future build.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Gabeux
x4

[4.20 Beta 4] OOS Combat: Small ships being sniped (and killed) by stations while on Highways - Fix in a future build.

Post by Gabeux » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 03:25

Hello.

I don't remember this happening prior to joining the Beta. On True Sight, HOP has built multiple stations in two lines around the highway. HOP are -30 relations with me. Previously, small ships could go through due to flying through the highway.
On 4.2 B4, my ships got sniped and killed by stations while flying crazy fast inside the highway.

I've also removed multiple stations and in one instance, a single enemy station close to the highway managed to kill multiple ships flying through it - Moreyas, Katanas, Jians.
I get a message alerting of the ship being under attack. I pause the game, and zoom in the location. The ship has 100% Hull and 80-90% Shields. Unpause the game, ship continues flying fast on the highway, and vanishes - killed by the station, even though the ship is often outside its range.

Picture of the positioning of the offending stations:

https://i.imgur.com/0f0cLsN.png
https://i.imgur.com/QuHPLs2.png
Last edited by Terre on Sun, 5. Dec 21, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: [4.20 Beta 4] OOS Combat: Small ships being sniped (and killed) by stations while on Highways

Post by j.harshaw » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 13:43

Thanks for the report. Confirmed that stations acquire ships in highways as targets and can potentially damage them. Fix should be in a future update.

A save would have been nice to confirm that the case that I handled is the case that you see, but moving on.

Gabeux
x4

Re: [4.20 Beta 4] OOS Combat: Small ships being sniped (and killed) by stations while on Highways

Post by Gabeux » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 14:07

Awesome, thanks for the update! Got it, next time I'll prepare a test save!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”