4.20b4 Turrets in custom starts potentially still broken

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

LameFox
x4

4.20b4 Turrets in custom starts potentially still broken

Post by LameFox » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 12:25

I made a new custom start and was in the process of acquiring a Minotaur Raider, when I noticed that its turrets simply will not shoot at me. Even if I intentionally fly alongside the ship after initiating hostility, all it can do is try to flee, the turrets do not fire at all or even attempt to aim at me.

steps: shoot this Minotaur

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JGEiL3 ... sp=sharing
***modified***

LameFox
x4

Re: 4.20b4 Turrets in custom starts potentially still broken

Post by LameFox » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 12:49

When I captured the ship and added my own turrets to it (the last ones blew up, of course) I was able to get them to fire but they do not appear on the GUI at the top of the screen as my M ships' turrets normally do.
***modified***

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 13:06

As a further update, after leaving the ship in the hands of an NPC and then returning to it to perform a mission, they once again appear in the GUI as appropriate.
***modified***

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 16:21

As I don't experience such problems my only thought after opening the file is that it has Plasma Turrets which might be set to "Attack Capitals" or something else and not "Defend". Unfortunately their commands do not show...

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 17:21

Is that something they do? I don't think I've ever encountered an AI faction ship with turrets using an exclusive mode before, they seem to fire anything they have at anyone who bothers them.
***modified***

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 18:07

LameFox wrote:
Sat, 4. Dec 21, 17:21
Is that something they do? I don't think I've ever encountered an AI faction ship with turrets using an exclusive mode before, they seem to fire anything they have at anyone who bothers them.
I have noticed Plasma Turrets (mostly L but even M) not firing on my ship unless fired upon when boarding SCA Destroyers. Not sure how this might work on an M ship like the Raider where you can not fire against surface elements (big mistake IMHO)...

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 18:35

They're usually willing to fire even L plasma at me, but I do notice SCA can be a bit... slow to respond? I always figured it was because their crews on an L ship are a whole bunch of marines and like 3 guys who know how the ship works. Maybe they are dynamically adjusting their turret orders or something instead.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”