[FIX][1475][4.2 b2] Miners are mining on one Spot - fixed in future update

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Shepp
x3ap

Re: [1475][4.2 b2] Miners are mining on one Spot

Post by Shepp » Mon, 22. Nov 21, 15:36

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 22. Nov 21, 04:07
Shepp wrote:
Sat, 20. Nov 21, 18:54
My suggestion would therefore be to not necessarily trust what the resource probes are saying. This is likely still some sort of bug but at least it looks like it can be mitigated until fixed.
Saturn 2 is also far from mined out. If you check the sector information, which reflects current resource totals, you will see that it still has billions of ore and silicon to mine. Just the zones near the gate, and specifically those zones at the edge of the field, seem to be mined out and the ships are not seeking zones that are not mined out.
I also said there is likely a bug somewhere. I would guess that it has something to do with the actual resources vs. the displayed resources or maybe the rate which the resources refresh. Without knowing what goes on under the hood I'm just speculating. I certainly wasn't trying to imply that you were doing something wrong.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: [FIX][1475][4.2 b2] Miners are mining on one Spot - fixed in future update

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 22. Nov 21, 16:22

Fixed. You should get it in a future update.

Thanks for the report and the save.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 24. Nov 21, 15:16

My reported issue appears fixed in 4.20 B3. The stuck miners immediately started to scatter outward upon load and station production rate is back to around 4.10 levels.

skyneedler9
x4

Post by skyneedler9 » Wed, 24. Nov 21, 22:53

( https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VmVQ6C ... sp=sharing ) . Now I restarted after the update and things looked pretty good with my gas miners finally fixed and heading toward methane deposits.... but then I found them hours later hugging that exact spot for Helium in Grand Exchange III. And they kept hovering there, over, and over, and over..... only once after a restart of the save and reassigning them did they get some helium in the appropriate area, but now they just every time I reassign or try to fix them, they make a run for that spot for Helium.

( https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j5ZpAa ... sp=sharing ) there's the save file.

Resource collection is still a mystery to me and if resources get scarce in areas I could understand, but it's still the same buggy behavior where they will favor almost going to these spots that just hang them up with almost no yields of helium and they'll repeat orders over and over in a hugged up space.

As of that save I have my probes deactivated there in Grand Exchange III, and I just freshly reassigned the gas miners, I reloaded the save and they all start making orders into that spot for helium. This is on the latest beta update version with the mining fix, I can confirm Methane and other mining operations did start functioning again, though I never paid huge attention to silicon and ore, silicon still struggles especially with that computronic substrate factory XD. I'm just having an issue with Helium Mining.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 23:35

Your Milleage may vary. In my case I have problem mining Methane!!!!!

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 11:57

Make sure there is sufficient Methane available. Check sector totals.

Grand Exchange does not have much Methane last time I checked. Eighteen Billion seems better for mining methane.

Razorwind
x3tc

Post by Razorwind » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 09:20

I'm having this problem since upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2 b3.
After a couple hours into 4.2 b3, 90% my miners, both gas and mineral are all hugging eachother at 2-3 different spots, and all my factories grinding to a halt. I've checked that there is enough resources.
Screenshots:
Gas miners: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak-p2TpsP5Nrg6IvkFL ... w?e=MitNl4
Mineral miners: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak-p2TpsP5Nrg6IwAMs ... A?e=zXRsE5
Savegame: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak-p2TpsP5Nrg6Iu9HI ... g?e=EAAh1I

I tried re-assigning the miners, but nothin seems to help. Is this not happening for anyone else?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 16:12

So we looked into the latest replies claiming the issue to persist, even though Razorwind's save is modified.

The issue reported here was about miners trying to mine the EXACT same spot even though it had run out of minerals, this has been fixed and neither of the replies reproduce this, so to be clear, this is a closed issue. If you have OTHER issues please open new reports and follow the reporting instructions stated in the sticky.

In general the saves we looked into had miners behave as intended, they were focussing on some locations due to player probes defining priority on location and there they were mining in spots with the best values (but still spread out a bit). The mentioned returning of ships to previous spot can be explained by the fact that they replenish and other locations will be considered worse after they have been mined out. Even with probes, ships will decide to go somewhere better if their parameters allow it.

MFG

Ketraar

flatbush71
x4

Post by flatbush71 » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 22:09

My miners are and have been working just fine
I don't know where / what all these erroneous report are based on

Old Buck

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”