[4.2 B3] Are the Khaak going extinct ?

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

exogenesis
x4

[4.2 B3] Are the Khaak going extinct ?

Post by exogenesis » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 00:53

Don't know if it's my game, or just circumstance, but over the last 12 days of playing 4.2 beta
I've noticed the number of Khaak ships reducing strongly,
now it's literaly just a few ships across the universe
(at least within visibility of all my satellites' ranges).

Three of the four Khaak stations I know about & had 'pegged' are still there,
it's just there's none or very few Khaak ships being spawned to harry my miners.
(not that I'm particularly sad about that, just something seems to have changed).

I could link three save games to show this,
1. Just after upgrade to 4.2 (from 4.1) - quite a few Khaak ships about in various sectors,
2. Middle game - Khaak reduced significantly,
3. 12 (calendar) days later - just a few Khaak ships in the whole universe (that I can see).

Easiest to see with map-filter set to 'KHK' & just enough map zoom to see the ships.

I didn't play since end of June until 4.2 beta dropped around the 16th Nov,
so the possible change could have been in some earlier 4.1 update I missed (?),

Maybe spawned ships don't go on attacking sprees so much,
(but also there's no clustering around their stations either).

Gavrushka
x4

Re: [4.2 B3] Are the Khaak going extinct ?

Post by Gavrushka » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 08:03

Playing a game started in 1.0, with both SV and COH, and I can say the opposite is true in my game. - In one sector, there were three of their massive hives at the same time, and they're springing up all over the place, costing me considerable M size mining ship losses.

It has grown so bad I'd considered starting a thread about their proliferation.

And it was never this bad for, other than their first 'formal' introduction in x4, until 4.2 dropped.
“We’re impotent,” Michael said.

“We’ve a chance to put right past mistakes, and that’s what we’re doing right now,” Lucifer said, one eye on Persephone who looked deeply uncomfortable with the conversation. “This is our atonement.” Now that straightened his back. All she’d have to do is suggest he self-flagellated and he’d be in ecstasy. Of all their Father’s creations, she was pretty sure she and her siblings were by far the most flawed…

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 10:27

Interesting, wonder what's effecting the difference we're seeing.

Maybe the khaak get killed quicker OOS now,
&/or they've got more aggressive & offer themselves up for destruction by patrols quicker,
I've got a -ludicrous number- of rattlesnake protect-area coverage,
so maybe I'm seeing quicker kill-off than before (?)

Do you have many ships dedicated to protecting your miners ?

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 13:53

Due to limited resources, and the randomness of where the hives spring up, I can only use reaction forces of whatever is available or affordable. - I set up small fleets with a 'repeat orders' leader that is set to 'attack targets in range' across a number of hotspots where the miners gather.

And finding the hive in-sector is tedious as it's invariable a long way off the explored map.

Something has altered since 4.2 dropped, whether by design or accident, and the number of aggressing Kha'ak ships is so large that not even laser tower spam will always down them, even if I spot the issue with alacrity.

“We’ve a chance to put right past mistakes, and that’s what we’re doing right now,” Lucifer said, one eye on Persephone who looked deeply uncomfortable with the conversation. “This is our atonement.” Now that straightened his back. All she’d have to do is suggest he self-flagellated and he’d be in ecstasy. Of all their Father’s creations, she was pretty sure she and her siblings were by far the most flawed…

errorname1002
x4

Post by errorname1002 » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 22:28

This is probably thanks to the improved Police command, I have seen my, and npcs police ships hunting down Khaak and their stations after few mins of them being spawned, which is partially veeeery good and partially not intended on egosofts part (I think), lets hope they keep that way since Khaak stations can a headache to find every few hours ingame. A more balanced approach is to limit the effectiveness of police and petrol to the interior of the sector (around 125km from the center) and adding a new building or mechanic that would help us in detecting these stations.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 10:19

Ah, maybe that's it (for me), I didn't notice this in the beta change list :
"Improved coordination between multiple free-flying police operating in same sector."

Wonder if that change also affects 'protect area' commmand ships ?

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 03:16

Waited a while in case it was just a random break in their activity but it's been some time now and I'm not seeing them anymore either. Did anyone figure out if the police are actually just wiping them out? I haven't actually witnessed it but I guess it could be happening in some remote area I don't have sensors on.
***modified***

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 08:50

The number of losses I've incurred from Kha'ak has dropped from several an hour to I'd forgotten they existed. I dunno if they've now set up in sectors away from my miners, but it's now very quiet. No Xenon, no Kha'ak, and the Yaki wiped out by the other factions.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”