[FIX][1501][4.20 B3] "Delivey Slow Down" mission fails when performed with Moreya undercover Terran

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

[FIX][1501][4.20 B3] "Delivey Slow Down" mission fails when performed with Moreya undercover Terran

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 23:52

GreetingsSs!

This mission tells me I must destroy a ship's engines.

If this mission is performed while driving Moreya undercover Terran (during plot mission), it fails.

I redid a test using my Dragon Raider under my original faction cover and the mission is completed.

Here are some saves of the two moments.

With Moreya

With Dragon Raider

Byee :)
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3060 TI PRO OC - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Excelvan – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [1501][4.20 B3] "Delivey Slow Down" mission fails when performed with Moreya undercover Terran

Post by rboerdijk » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 14:18

Thanks for the report, it should be fixed in an upcoming build

Note: This probably will not make it into 4.20

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Re: [1501][4.20 B3] "Delivey Slow Down" mission fails when performed with Moreya undercover Terran

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 21:12

rboerdijk wrote:
Wed, 1. Dec 21, 14:18
Thanks for the report, it should be fixed in an upcoming build

Note: This probably will not make it into 4.20
Great! Thanks for the fix!

Please allow me to leave you a little feedback...

As I continued the game, I realized that accepting a mission under the cover of the Terran faction (but it would apply to all) and completing it under another faction creates a conflict in completing the mission itself.
Okay, missions that complete with any cover is the right fix.
But I don't know if this rule always applies...
I'm playing a game where I started with all negative reputations (-30), something "very very difficult".
In this type of game, I used the terran-covered storyline part to improve some complicated reputations to raise like MIN or HAT.
In this case, the fact that missions are completed only if under a certain cover creates a strong gameplay that is very complicated but at the same time really satisfying.
Often I had to use cover to kill creminals, but at the same time receive missions with Dragon to avoid failing them.
Yes, playing in the standard way is a bug, but in my kind of gameplay I wouldn't be so sure.

Evaluate with a broad vision the type of fix you want to apply ;)

Until next time and good luck!
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3060 TI PRO OC - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Excelvan – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [FIX][1501][4.20 B3] "Delivey Slow Down" mission fails when performed with Moreya undercover Terran

Post by rboerdijk » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 12:26

To give some more details, this is a player centric mission so instead of checking for "which faction did the kill" (and reporting the cover-faction, instead of player-faction) it will now check for "did anything belonging to the player do the kill" (irrelevant of cover faction).

This is quite advanced (and cool!) gameplay you are doing there, I don't think anyone tried to actively use cover to play through consistently.
I suspect we'll have a few more bugs like that hidden throughout the code, if you run into something like that again keep us posted!

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Re: [FIX][1501][4.20 B3] "Delivey Slow Down" mission fails when performed with Moreya undercover Terran

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 18:53

rboerdijk wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 12:26
To give some more details, this is a player centric mission so instead of checking for "which faction did the kill" (and reporting the cover-faction, instead of player-faction) it will now check for "did anything belonging to the player do the kill" (irrelevant of cover faction).
Perfect I understood the concept of the fix :wink:
rboerdijk wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 12:26
This is quite advanced (and cool!) gameplay you are doing there, I don't think anyone tried to actively use cover to play through consistently.
I suspect we'll have a few more bugs like that hidden throughout the code, if you run into something like that again keep us posted!
Sure I will definitely do it! But fix the Xenons that in custom gamestart beta 4 don't seem to work :mrgreen:
That kind of challenge is something that should exist as standard in the game, because it makes it really amazing and could appeal to a wide circle of people ;)
HW Spec:
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”