[FIX][1430][4.10] 1/2 Cargo Limit on L station traders

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Old Drullo321
x4

[FIX][1430][4.10] 1/2 Cargo Limit on L station traders

Post by Old Drullo321 » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 11:42

For reasons unknown to me, there seems to be a hard-coded cargo limit on L station traders which is exactly 1/2 of max cargo capacity.

Version: X4 Foundations - Steam - German - 4.10 (458643)
Game isn't modified at all - Pure Vanilla
Gamestart: Project Genesis (CoH) / Total playtime 2 1/2 ingame days

Description:

I own a Energy Cells station in Mercury, where I assigned several M ships and 2 Okinawa L freighter for automatic trading. For hours I watched closely what they are doing and this is the result:
* The M ships use a various amount of cargo capacity for their trades, as expected.
* Most of the time, the Okinawa ship exactly 1/2 of their capacity (21k of max 42k) energy cells, and sometimes less, like 9k. But never ever in many trade runs it exceeds this artifical limit for no reasons

I checked the area for trading possibilities for energy cells and they are there and can only think of this as a bug.

Screenshot: https://abload.de/img/okinawahalfcargoauk7m.png
Savegame: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d0X4lq ... sp=sharing

Old Drullo321
x4

Re: [1430][4.10] 1/2 Cargo Limit on L station traders

Post by Old Drullo321 » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 12:08

Another example showing the issue

https://abload.de/img/lstationtradersbuggedadji3.png

Large Metallic Microlattice complex. M Freighters and 2 Split Buffalo (16k max cargo) assigned. Player Buffallo ships for max 8k or 8,33k cargo ever while assigned M ships have various amount and NPC ships, for example the Okinawa NPC freighter uses up to full load.

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 13:50

I see the behaviour you described with the Okinawas assigned to Merkur - EZ (BJV-559). It is a problem with market saturation (I'm almost certain). Combined with low levels of manager (3 stars = 3 gate distance => can't find many trades and a station in Mercury is bad for that) and (maybe) captain it works as it's supposed to. If you replace the larger traders with smaller ones for a while, the manager will level up pretty fast and will at most have a five gate range.

The traders are most likely idling until a trade opportunity that fills up at least 50% cargo comes up. That's why you're seeing that suspicious number a lot in a saturated local (manager gate limit) economy.

You may want to try out a distribution center approach where your L traders move cargo to stations with only container storage and then have M traders that distribute it within the manager gate distance.

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 12:07

Just as a small update. Several ingame days later I've yet to see an Okinawa Freighter carrying more then exactly half cargo. This can't be the market situation as otherwise its cargo would at least fluctuate. But no, just plain 21k energy cell runs.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 13:57

I wonder if what is going on is the 50% cargo loading situation as described quite some time ago by dev j.harshaw here?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 10:29

This explanation would maybe make sense in the case of my Energy Cell example, as those ships, assigned to the energy cell station do selling.

However in the next example this makes zero sense to behave like this and the linked algorithm explanation doesn't match for this example.

Station: PHQ, Product: Medical Supplies, Current product cargo 100k/1000k

Leaving the issue asside that there is no way to disallow ware prioritization for specific stations, the PHQ has over 100 traders assigned doing their job. They decided to finally start buying the Medial Supplies from my central storage and medical supplies factory located in Nopileus Fortune VI. Central storage has nearly always filled 100k cargohold, and 10k reserved, and medical supplies station has >220k/550k in the storage.

They all started half cargo runs. This shouldn't really happen. They could do the job with half their traders.

Screenshot: https://abload.de/img/screenshot635mxk9g.png
Savegame: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pKtLYp ... sp=sharing

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 12:02

Thanks for the report and the saves. Issue in the save from the first post is that ships were finding trades for small amounts but were able to convince their customers to buy much more than they really wanted. This is now fixed. Fix should be in a future update.

Not sure what you were trying to show in the last post? The screenshot shows ships servicing trades that fill up their cargo storage.

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 17:51

j.harshaw wrote:
Wed, 20. Oct 21, 12:02
Not sure what you were trying to show in the last post? The screenshot shows ships servicing trades that fill up their cargo storage.
Thanks for the fix. I guess I mixed some things up not related to this issue but that is on another plate.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”