[4.1 Beta 7] Immortal Stations still a game breaking problem. Steps to reproduce

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

frickenmoron
x4

Re: [4.1 Beta 7] Immortal Stations still a game breaking problem. Steps to reproduce

Post by frickenmoron » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 21:40

I tried a bit more today, it seems any big/complex production stations have a chance to be immortal. The simple stations or trade / defense platforms are fine. But 3 out 3 immortal stations in my game are high tech production complexes.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.1 Beta 7] Immortal Stations still a game breaking problem. Steps to reproduce

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 11:54

You would need to provide the save for us to be able to look into it.

MFG

Ketraar

Phipsz
x4

Post by Phipsz » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 17:56

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 13. Sep 21, 11:54
You would need to provide the save for us to be able to look into it.

MFG

Ketraar
frickenmoron wrote:
Mon, 6. Sep 21, 21:16
Hello! I want to add to this topic. I tried for over 3 hours to destroy this station in paranid space.

It immediately will start to rebuild any destroyed section even with 0 resources, keeping the station alive at 0% as a zombie. This is not an issue with stations built after the start of the game I noticed, they get wrecked just fine.

https://gfycat.com/happyenlightenedbelugawhale
Video link. You can see the station just despawns its broken modules and replaces them with new ones constantly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YjCYlz ... sp=sharing
Savegame link, Saved in a Raptor near the station just constantly triggering explosions from rebuilt modules.
did the savegame in the linked post not work?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 18:11

Sorry for some reason I thought this was a new topic. :-|

MFG

Ketraar

Sudo1701
x4

Post by Sudo1701 » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 12:37

Hi :)

Having the same issue on 4.1 release. This is on a 4.0 save with no mods.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFA7XcToi4U
Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7pihqcobephoz ... ml.gz?dl=1

The PAR are destroying (well, trying) a HOP station.
I noticed that this station in this sector is staying on 1% OOS. So wanted to go have a look at them in sector and can see that the station 'rebuilds' it's modules after an amount of time.
You can see in the video that the destroyed modules vanish and are replaced with the start of new ones.

There is also a Xenon Wharf at Emporers Pride VI having the same issue.

Thanks,

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 22:09

I believe I am experiencing the same situation.

Version 4.10 release.
Doing "Neutralize Xenon Station" missions. Attacking with 10 Behemot, 2 Asgard and a few other destroyers.
Station modules keep being rebuilt after destruction, seemingly doing a "whack a mole" situation, consequent explosions strips ships from most of their surface elements.
It is very difficult to avoid this because ships keep getting too close to station and modules are almost transparent when they start being built so difficult to spot.

Thanks for looking into this.
"Tally ho!" -> Best boarding call ever :-D
Specs: i7-3770S @3.10Ghz, 16GB DD3, 1TB SSD, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenons and charting the universe since 2006.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 01:19

Looks like the tip posted earlier of destroying the build storage (until only the dock remains) before starting to wreck the station, mitigate the issue.
I haven't ruled out the old/new station aspect though.
"Tally ho!" -> Best boarding call ever :-D
Specs: i7-3770S @3.10Ghz, 16GB DD3, 1TB SSD, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenons and charting the universe since 2006.

HeinzS
x4

Post by HeinzS » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 10:37

gorman2040 wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 01:19
Looks like the tip posted earlier of destroying the build storage (until only the dock remains) before starting to wreck the station, mitigate the issue.
I haven't ruled out the old/new station aspect though.
This did not work for me.

Since there is no reaction from Egosoft, I would like to ask whether this is how it should be or whether it will be changed.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 10:42

@ HeinzS: "Since there is no reaction from Egosoft, ..." That would depend upon which of the many threads on this topic that you were following. Example 1 and Example 2 (of several).

One likely presentational problem is that this ongoing discussion is in a public beta forum while there is currently no public beta.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 22:29

Let's reference another thread about the topic
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=441400&p=5075140#p5075140
ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Mon, 16. Aug 21, 00:17
Whats happening is pretty simple:
A station always only has one module under "legal" construction.
If this "legal" module gets destroyed, the build queue is reevaluated.
when the queue reevaluates all destroyed modules will be replaced by their construction plot, all with fresh 20% hull.
The more modules the higher the chance the first queued "legal" module gets destroyed, before the others replacing them with fresh 20% hull modules.
The fix would be to only replace the "legal" module with the construction version, not all destroyed modules.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 21:37

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 4. Sep 21, 01:26
Begging won't help anything like as much as providing a savegame that demonstrates the situation you're describing. ;)
Add to that, specific steps to reproduce the problem is necessary (especially) when it comes to problems such as this. Has this been recognized and possibly fixed in a future patch?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 09:46

@ peteran: See the links in my post 3 up. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Diroc
x4

Post by Diroc » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 01:20

peteran wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 21:37
CBJ wrote:
Sat, 4. Sep 21, 01:26
Begging won't help anything like as much as providing a savegame that demonstrates the situation you're describing. ;)
Add to that, specific steps to reproduce the problem is necessary (especially) when it comes to problems such as this. Has this been recognized and possibly fixed in a future patch?
I believe it has been fixed.
My Immortal station dilemma has resolved itself.
Check the stations for modules that had (-%)
They would not be rebuilt and could not be destroyed. They had no hitbox.
This resulted in a module that could not be inactivated and resulted in an immortal station.

This situation has resolved itself since the last patch. The hard work of 6 K's and an I (Which dwindled as they wandered off to kill attacking Cap ships, then turn on my forces.) finally took out the Trading station In Hewa's Twin I

TLDR: Yes, Fixed.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”