[4.10 Beta 7] NPC crew not manning stations on player-owned ships.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Target Practice
x4

[4.10 Beta 7] NPC crew not manning stations on player-owned ships.

Post by Target Practice » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 17:40

On player-owned ships, only one NPC crewmember (excluding the captain) can ever be seen manning stations on the bridge and elsewhere at a time, regardless of how many crew a ship has.
In the images below, the top image is a Katana with a full crew compliment, and the bottom image is a Syn-class with more than 40 crew onboard.

This issue may also extend to player-owned stations, but I cannot verify this as I currently do not own any stations with crew in my save.

Diroc
x4

Re: [4.10 Beta 7] NPC crew not manning stations on player-owned ships.

Post by Diroc » Thu, 14. Oct 21, 23:49

I may be wrong about this but Some of the stations on the ship may be role specific.
Try promoting some crew to captain, Giving them some cheap training, then replace the original captain.
It's entirely possible the large ships have stations on the ship that are training multiples of a given role in reserve.
I've on occasion swapped out my captains to train up spares with seminars to have a captain in reserve to pull from after a boarding op.
Often, the temporary replacement stays on the bridge after swapping the original captain in.
I wonder if larger ships are able to train multiple crew concurrently if they have crew with the bare minimum for the role.
If no eligible crew exist to fill the slot, My theory is, It remains empty.

To be perfectly clear: This is based on my experience with crew remaining on the bridge after using seminars.

Perhaps repair panels remain unmanned if there is no damage.
I've seen marines on the bridge of AI faction Capitals.
If the crew on the bridge are the only crew gaining experience, perhaps the performance of the ship is based on the crew manning the stations at the current time as well.

If anyone has any concrete information regarding this, I would like to know as well.
The repercussions of the knowledge may be very important for efficiently levelling crew.

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 21:22

I did a simple test of building a Syn with no crew, to begin with. As expected, none of the stations were manned.

Transferring 187 service crew (and actually waiting for them to arrive at their assignment) resulted in all stations being manned. That this results in combat effectiveness and leveling is another unknown to me.

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 21:27

peteran wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 21:22
I did a simple test of building a Syn with no crew, to begin with. As expected, none of the stations were manned.

Transferring 187 service crew (and actually waiting for them to arrive at their assignment) resulted in all stations being manned. That this results in combat effectiveness and leveling is another unknown to me.
To add to that, this was the transfer of totally unqualified crew members. The like you will draft initially.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”