[4.10] Bug/Issue - Paranid Plot Mission "The Maze" - Softlock on last part leave/place bombs - explained

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Old Drullo321
x4

[4.10] Bug/Issue - Paranid Plot Mission "The Maze" - Softlock on last part leave/place bombs - explained

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 12:32

I've an issue with with the Paranid Plot Mission in the Maze. Due to the mission design it may happens that you are running low on Oxygen. So far, no problem, just teleport back and go in again. However that won't work in the last part of the mission where you have to decide to either place some bombs or leave.

I'm running low on Oxygen and want to place the bombs. But while I can teleport back to my ship and fly into it again it triggers the second option, to just leave. So this is kind of a softlock. I am forced to teleport back to the ship but i want to go in again.
This could be solved by not using one trigger, which activates by either entering or leaving, but two triggers which have to be activated after another by leaving the station. In this case you can't be softlocked by running low on oxygen but still be able to have the time to place the bombs.

Version: X4 Foundations - Steam - German - 4.10 (458643)
Game isn't modified at all - Pure Vanilla
Gamestart: Project Genesis (CoH)

Savefile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fkLBPH ... sp=sharing (Just right in the Maze with Low Oxygen)

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.10] Bug/Issue - Paranid Plot Mission "The Maze" - Softlock on last part leave/place bombs

Post by Gimbutz » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 16:41

Hi, and thanks for the great suggestion. Unfortunately, we can't afford to rework this mission and risk other aspects of it breaking at present time, but we'll take better care to prevent these situations in the future.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Re: [4.10] Bug/Issue - Paranid Plot Mission "The Maze" - Softlock on last part leave/place bombs - explained

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 16:31

It can be done with little overhead:
Due to the way infixes search works you need 3 triggers not 2 to detect the movement direction.
One extra Cue could just save the movement direction in a var in a deterministic finite automaton style, the existing story cue just checks for this var to be correct.
A workaround is to buy an elite classed ship which is small enough to fit into the first entrance.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”