[4.1 Beta7] Asgards' main canoon shoot at small fighter - Explained.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

flywlyx
x4

[4.1 Beta7] Asgards' main canoon shoot at small fighter - Explained.

Post by flywlyx » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 18:54

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RuNn9_ ... sp=sharing

Asgard with 5-star pilot will try to shoot small fighters like N/M with its main cannon.

The save display an Asgard shooting P, due to the Argon defence force around the gate, N/M will die really fast which result in recreating the scenario really hard, removing the Argon defence force will help to recreate the situation.

flywlyx
x4

Re: [4.1 Beta7] Asgards' main canoon shoot at small fighter

Post by flywlyx » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 19:41

https://i.imgur.com/xHcqb6N.jpg

Really good luck, get one save with Asgard shooting at M immediately after reload.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VuMnYk ... sp=sharing

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 21:12

Oh my!! Yes what a overkill and awesome shot...but point remains, asgard main weapon should never fire at small ships without a direct order to do so.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 16:01

Thanks for the report and the save. Verified that capital ship wasn't trying to aim forward guns at target, just move closer to bring target to turret range. Target just happened to be right in front of the gun, so it took the shot.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 04:20

j.harshaw wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 16:01
Thanks for the report and the save. Verified that capital ship wasn't trying to aim forward guns at target, just move closer to bring target to turret range. Target just happened to be right in front of the gun, so it took the shot.
It doesn't make sense then, if A is trying to move closer to B, it will result in A facing B, and facing B will result in A shoot.
This means the Asgard's moving behavior is equal to the Asgard's trying to shoot.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 04:23

j.harshaw wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 16:01
Actually, my only concern is if they evaluate the possibility they shoot someone behind since Asgards' main cannon shoot is basically the deleting button.
Thanks for confirmation anyway.

nemo1887
x4

Re: [4.1 Beta7] Asgards' main canoon shoot at small fighter - Explained.

Post by nemo1887 » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 12:40

yes, it doesn’t make sense, the Asgard main gun must first destroy fairly large targets (large ship ,station modules ect...), a little more code to adjust it! , already seen my fleet with 3 or 4 Asgard attacking a station and I look and ask myself the subordinate Asgard that they do not shoot or shoot small ships , or not on modules and that very often?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”