Xenon - Station build

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Nutsman
x4

Xenon - Station build

Post by Nutsman » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 00:13

After around 15 hours my first insight with 4.10 beta 5. New hope for the Xenon !? :doh:

Xenon Station building will not work. I found several mining and energie ships dock to the construction site. But there is no progress to build the stations finally.
I see a lot of unfinished docks, shipyards and defense stations... non of them are complete since may hours :o
any ideas ??

af_2017
x4

Re: Xenon - Station build

Post by af_2017 » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 16:04

I started new game with the beta.
I did not pay much attention to their infrastructure.
But I do see that all sides build fleets and attempt to attack each other. The fleets usually die near first defense platform.
Pretty much things are stable.
I helped ANT to shred Xenon in the sector after Frontier Edge. Now I mine nvidium and have storage station there.
HOP captured one sector from another side without my direct help... well, I have traders which trade for HOP there maybe that helped them.
That's the only sectors they have lost.
I can see that number terrans in the version is much lower, there are still couple of Tokyo's and Asgard's wandering around but I would not say they do drastic impact.
I can observe raiding I's and K's.

Incinerator
x4

Post by Incinerator » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 12:24

Seems to work fine in my save, I started a new game recently as pioneer start, since my previous game got into a crash loop, they've kicked out ANT out of Frontier Edge and built a couple stations and claimed the sector. There are massive Xenon fleets moving about. If you unpack the save there should be a seed number, we can maybe try inputing that in the custom game start.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 13:34

I'll sound like a broken record, but Xenon economy would really benefit from L-size Freighter and miner.
Even kitbashed Xenon K with some containers would be fine (albeit it would be XL).

I'm observing Xenon activity in my game for dozens of hours and I still can't figure what it their logic in regards to supply of stations under cosntruction.

It's like they have a choice between:
Going to mine in sector half-galaxy away vs supply the station under cosntruction nearby - almost always they choose the first option, even if needed/avaliable resources are also nearby.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 14:39

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 4. Aug 21, 13:34
I'm observing Xenon activity in my game for dozens of hours and I still can't figure what it their logic in regards to supply of stations under cosntruction.
That sounds quite similar to complains about station managers and miners when users expect miners to get resources near their station, don't you think so?...
I'm not saying that's correct but rather that npcs have common logic.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 15:16

af_2017 wrote:
Wed, 4. Aug 21, 14:39
That sounds quite similar to complains about station managers and miners when users expect miners to get resources near their station, don't you think so?...
I'm not saying that's correct but rather that npcs have common logic.
Nope, I haven't got any problems with my station miners, but it might be because most of my stations have 5 star managers.
Xenon on the other hand are so inept that it almost loooks like broken.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 15:38

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 4. Aug 21, 15:16
Nope, I haven't got any problems with my station miners, but it might be because most of my stations have 5 star managers.
Xenon on the other hand are so inept that it almost loooks like broken.
I don't have problems with them either since I do not care how exactly they do their job. I did all I could to make them work: built station in the proper area, assigned manager, miners and traders with good ships. And the station is profitable.
Still this is an example of the complain I've meant : Any way to set the station miners to mine at rich areas?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”