[TESTREQUEST] Budgeted Custom Game Start

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Tharrg
x4

Re: [TESTREQUEST] Budgeted Custom Game Start

Post by Tharrg » Sun, 1. Aug 21, 19:29

So I want to ask about the PHQmission and meeting Boso Ta. Each game start has a different way of beginning the game.

What I wanted to know is this is customised. Say you want to start with the split-plot as a human male or the Segaris plot as a Split female or whatever? I am guessing that the only option here is scanning stations until you meet him?

Sachsendorfer

Re: Creative Custom Game Start Request(s)

Post by Sachsendorfer » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 10:54

First of all, thank you for this long awaited opportunity. I have played both new launches and tried to test out the conditions.
No feedback here yet but some wishes and comments from the other launch apply here as well.
It would be very helpful to be able to save different start conditions.
Also, it would be more fun to be able to simply copy ships and set the number.
Please expand the possibilities of selecting people! There are so many different characters that you would like to have.
The split story mission has been adopted correctly. Also Boso Tas research missions. Also the paranid mission.
Only the Hatikva mission and the Terran and Yaki missions start from the beginning, although they were already played through.
It is only advantageous to get the special ships.
Here one wishes to be able to switch these off.
You notice the difference when you use mining and trade ships with elite crews and captains with full scores.
They act and operate quickly and successfully, it seems to me.
One question, in the areas revealed by satellites, all ships, even NPC ships, are marked with dashes to their orders. This is interesting, but leads to confusing maps. Also, fluid gameplay suffers as a result.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Submarine
x3tc

[4.10 BETA 5] custom start testing

Post by Submarine » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 15:59

Custom start is nice, I thought I would give the custom start a critical once over. To be helpful, :mrgreen: here is what I noticed.

1. When you set a custom start ship and toggle spacesuit on and off, the custom ship is forgotten. Expected behaviour is the custom ship is remembered and returns if you toggle suit start off.

2. If you start with a suit you end up in mid-space and have no thrusters (even if you add them to inventory at the start and they show in inventory in game). I was expecting a start on a station where I could go and buy thrusters so left them out once and then included them second time but both times the suit could not move and could not be steered with JS or KB. I was looking for a way to comm a passing ship and get picked up and taken to a station. There is nothing you can do to get out of that situation. Would suggest if default suit is launched mid-space then thrusters need to be included and integrated by default, like with start sector knowledge and add Cr1000 to spend also any pre bought suit inventory needs to be integrated. This situation makes suit start unusable, even if you have a ship in your start fleet there is no way you can get a pick up without being able to maneuvure the suit to dock.

3. If you set a default ship skin in player it is not used when selecting start ship.

4. If you go straight to custom start without loading a save first in the beta engine it uses defaults instead of interrogating available saves. If you load a previous save then try custom start it will change the budget. Budget ought to inspect available saves without having to load them.

OK enough for now will add more as I find them.
bloop

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 16:41

I haven't read through all 7 pages of replies here so if this has been suggested before, apologies.

It would be really nice if the starting ship selector either a) showed me what faction the selected ship comes from or b) allowed me to filter by faction. It doesn't appear to be possible in the current setup.

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 17:29

Is there any reason for ships restrictions applied to "Creative Custom Game Start"?

I would love to have a new custom start in a Asgard or Raptor, why it cannot be done? I believe that some players would enjoy maximum freedom in this sense.

Also, could it be possible to have many subordinates added to a fleet with just one operation?...example given, filling a carrier ship one by one is really time consuming.

Many thanks for any feedback!

Raven123
x4

Post by Raven123 » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 20:32

Loving the new custom game start concept, but would love to see the following additions:
  • Loading/saving game start templates, perhaps with a title and a small description like the current ones have.
  • Use an unlocked base game start as basis for a custom game start but with minor tweaks.

Bastelfred
x4

Post by Bastelfred » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 23:58

A few things I do not understand...

The basic version without *modified*:

1. why can I choose a starting ship from almost all ships although most of them already cost more than the 300k budget? There should be only those in the list with minimal equipment not more than the 300k cost.

2. why can I set so senseless much starting money? The limit is 300k incl, ship. The slider should stop exactly where the 300k is reached.

3. there is no price for weapons and equipment. All just trial and error to not get over the 300k.

4, Why can I choose from all blueprints although there is the 300k limit? There should be nothing selectable that costs more than 300k. In general, you should not be able to select anything once the 300k is reached.

5. Why can't I even select the HQ? I can't select anything that I have already earned. Somehow none of my progress counts. None of my scores have ever been *modified*.

6. why this 300k limit? The value of all the stuff that comes with the Teladi game start exceeds this 300k many times over.

7. station editor with 300k?

8. create fleet with 300k?

The version with modifiede:
Why am I still limited to what the game has here?
I can't change the ratios between factions, only between me and the others. Why? The game state is modified anyway, so why these limitations? I can change this via a editor as well, which makes this game start kind of pointless.
Why can't I change the relationship to the Xenon? Or to the pirates...

WiiWiesel
x4

Post by WiiWiesel » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 00:16

@Bastelfred:
to answer pretty much all of your questions: 300k is not the limit - your budget for the budgeted custom game start depends on the stuff which you have achieved in unmodified games before. However, in order for the game to register your previous progress, you have to load the save. So if you have another save in which you are further ahead -> load it -> go back and check, how your budget changed

Submarine
x3tc

mission breaks

Post by Submarine » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 00:36

An easy repair mission vanished soon after accepting it.

Reloading the save produces the same outcome.

The mission fails because the data leak disappears and is replace by the PHQ data leak which starts the Boso Ta mission off.

The message bottom left was something along the lines of mission failure zero leaks fixed. I really needed that 37k!

I dont know if it is deliberate but it should not happen like that, you should not lose one data leak/mission because another data leak is spawned. I dont know if this is peculiar to the beta but it happened in the beta so it has to be treated as a beta bug.
bloop

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 13:27

How does the budget for credits work and how do I increase it? My current budget is 110m.

One request - Could you make gates and superhighways discovered on all selected systems?
My X4 Mods >> Argon Cyclops | Teladi Kea | And more...
Gallery of my X ships and fanart eg, Boron Megalodon
PS: We want the Boron! Please dont complicate it. Their ships don't need to be full of water and they could float around like baby yoda :boron: :boron:

HeinzS
x4

Post by HeinzS » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 14:21

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 13:27
How does the budget for credits work and how do I increase it? My current budget is 110m.
viewtopic.php?p=5073024#p5073024

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 15:38

HeinzS wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 14:21
Axeface wrote:
viewtopic.php?p=5073024#p5073024
Did you link the correct post? Im asking specifically how it works (hopefully from a dev), like what is the formula. I have 110m budget but have no idea how I got to that, and how to increase it more.
My X4 Mods >> Argon Cyclops | Teladi Kea | And more...
Gallery of my X ships and fanart eg, Boron Megalodon
PS: We want the Boron! Please dont complicate it. Their ships don't need to be full of water and they could float around like baby yoda :boron: :boron:

HeinzS
x4

Post by HeinzS » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 15:45

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 15:38
Did you link the correct post? Im asking specifically how it works (hopefully from a dev), like what is the formula. I have 110m budget but have no idea how I got to that, and how to increase it more.
The higher the credits in the previously loaded savegame, the higher your budget.

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 19:01

HeinzS wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 15:45
Axeface wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 15:38
The higher the credits in the previously loaded savegame, the higher your budget.
Pretty much no. As far as I can tell the budget doesn't seem to care how much money you have in the bank. What it does care about is how many production, dock, storage, & pier station modules you've built. Buying ships M & larger also increase the budget. Buying a Carrier & Supply (Aux) ship give also give a massive boost in budget credits. Trades over 100k & 1 million add to the budget. Keep in mind some of these are not retroactive and there limits for each category. For instance trades over 100k only add to the budget if completed after beta 5 was installed.

If you have an older savegame with traders running all over the place and active stations being built just play that for a bit and the budget will increase. Also make sure to buy a carrier and aux ship as they are worth about 50 million together.
Axeface wrote:
My current budget is about 129m and I don't think it can go much higher. See above for my opinion on factors affecting the budget.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 20:28

4.1 beta 5

I just tried to use the custom start budgeted.... the budget is WAAAAY to low!
The main reason for me to use this is so I don't have to waste a week getting up to my fully upgraded personal shuttle.
This is usually chimera with full tier 3 equip.

I also notice that the HQ and manditory blueprints are included in the cost calculation.
This ALONE puts it far over the 300k base price. >.>

The 300k budget makes it impossible to get that, let alone the other plans I want to replace my stations from the last game!
'Gimme dah cash!'
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”