[FIX][4.10 Beta 5] Map needs Reset keybind

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

loubert
x4

[FIX][4.10 Beta 5] Map needs Reset keybind

Post by loubert » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 02:58

Now that the map has a memory and does not automatically reset to its default position after a close>open, I find myself wishing I had a control/keybind to do that.

It’s something of an OCD thing where I need to be able to have my map oriented exactly at its default. So, please add that function. :mrgreen:

kmunoz
x4

Beta 5 - Question - intended behavior of map memory feature?

Post by kmunoz » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 06:44

What is the intended behavior of the new feature that retains the view on the map each time it's opened?

Right now I'm noticing two things happening:

1) If I rotate the map view in any way, it stays that way, and I don't know how to reset it.
2) My map opens up centered on the Terran Equipment Dock in Jupiter, every time. It is not selected and my current ship is in an entirely different sector.

Buzz2005
x4

Re: [4.10 Beta 5] Map needs Reset keybind

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 08:58

dot key, and comma key are your new friends :)

look trough the controls if not the above does not work
Fixed credits not being able to claim abandoned ships sometimes getting stuck when boarding operation sometimes getting some owner other than the player builds a station module or surface element.

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Beta 5 - Question - intended behavior of map memory feature?

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 08:59

dot and comma keys reset map views
Fixed credits not being able to claim abandoned ships sometimes getting stuck when boarding operation sometimes getting some owner other than the player builds a station module or surface element.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 10:42

R is the "reset set map to top view" button.

MFG

Ketraar

Withidread
x4

Post by Withidread » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 21:41

Buzz2005 wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 08:59
dot and comma keys reset map views
But how exactly is the map deciding where to center when opened now? I'm having problems figuring out what the current behavior even is. Sometimes it opens where it was last closed, other times it will continue opening to one specific location over and over. I've tried using escape, I've tried using "M" and I've tried delete to exit out of the map, but it doesn't seem to matter which method I use.

The period, comma, and R keys work, but don't seem to reset where the map opens if it is closed and reopened.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 1. Aug 21, 02:18

Ketraar wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 10:42

MFG

Ketraar
As far as I'm aware, I have never rebound R to anything, but R currently does nothing as far as I can tell. What is the name of the keybind in the settings that corresponds to this? Or is it the same one that others are referring to as the "." key?

loubert
x4

Post by loubert » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 10:36

kmunoz wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 06:44
What is the intended behavior of the new feature that retains the view on the map each time it's opened?

Right now I'm noticing two things happening:

1) If I rotate the map view in any way, it stays that way, and I don't know how to reset it.
2) My map opens up centered on the Terran Equipment Dock in Jupiter, every time. It is not selected and my current ship is in an entirely different sector.
There are two issues in this thread: mine, and this one.

My issue is solved with comma and period. Done.

This other issue, as described in the quote I’m including, is a result of the new map memory feature being bugged. It is supposed to remember the last position, but sometimes, if you double-click an object in the map or the object list, the map will always open to that object, regardless of what else you do with the map. I believe this problem has a thread all its own.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 20:44

kmunoz wrote:
Sun, 1. Aug 21, 02:18
Ketraar wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 10:42

MFG

Ketraar
As far as I'm aware, I have never rebound R to anything, but R currently does nothing as far as I can tell. What is the name of the keybind in the settings that corresponds to this? Or is it the same one that others are referring to as the "." key?
Isn'r R is the key for Long Range Scan?

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Thu, 5. Aug 21, 04:13

4.1 beta 5

The problem I have with reset map view is that it ONLY works if you move the map, not if you merely tilt the map.
My main problem is accidentally tilting the map; so then to fix it I need to drag the map sideways before i can hit reset view.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Thu, 5. Aug 21, 05:07

VincentTH wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 20:44
Isn't R is the key for Long Range Scan?
LRS is one of the Shift-# hotkeys, isn't it?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 5. Aug 21, 08:39

Please keep on the topic of the issue in the thread title. Other discussion here just keeps pinging the dev monitoring this thread and wasting their time.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Submarine
x3tc

Post by Submarine » Thu, 5. Aug 21, 22:53

The probkem I am seeing with the map view is it gets into a rut remembering the wrong location.

For example in my current play through I have an Elite and a Manorina, I took a look at the Manorina and that was fine, dimissed the map. Travelling in the Elite I brought the map back up to look at my current location exploring in the boonies, it came up focussed on the Manorina. So I reset it with R to my current ship, diddled about with comma and period, that worked and I dismiss the map again and then call it up again and its back on the Manorina, so I press R, select my own Elite in properties, dismiss, call up the map and its back on the Manorina.

So I dont feel like that is ergonomic or even working as intended. It needs to remember where I changed it to and it doesn't. Its seems to have remembered one location which it keeps recalling but it is not refreshing the remembered location when I move the map. FYI
bloop

dcarver
x4

Post by dcarver » Thu, 12. Aug 21, 03:27

I just jumped back in and this is driving me crazy. Please add a way to Toggle this off until working better. I'll try the R and . keys.

dcarver
x4

Post by dcarver » Thu, 12. Aug 21, 06:24

Map keeps crashing, have to reload.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”