[TESTREQUEST] Budgeted Custom Game Start

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Eyeklops
x4

Re: [TESTREQUEST] Budgeted Custom Game Start

Post by Eyeklops » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 18:16

Ketraar wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 15:04
Buzz2005 wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 14:56
what does that seed number do, for universe creation?
It allows you to define the same starting conditions for station placement and such. Say you want to to do multiple runs where you always start the same but go different paths. Or you have friends and all want to have the same start scenario, say for comparison.

MFG

Ketraar

Pft... ninja'd
Is there a way to extract the seed value from an existing savegame?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 18:30

Eyeklops wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 18:16
Is there a way to extract the seed value from an existing savegame?
Unpack the save file and open it with Notapad for example

In the 5th line <game you can look up the number under seed=""

MFG

Ketraar

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 18:51

Potential Bug Report
When I give a Manager or Captain back-to-back seminars only the first seminar is recorded and added to the crew skill budget. In order for each successive seminar to count toward the crew skill budget I had to demote the Captain/Manager to crew and reinstate before giving the next seminar. I am aware that seminars for 0* and 1* pilots/managers do not give budget increases and am talking about seminars for 2* & 3* skills. This could be a "wait longer between seminars" issue. I am at work but if required I can upload a savegame tonight.

Potential Exploit
1. Load savegame with appropriate seminars in inventory.
2. Give seminars to Captains/Managers
3. See crew skill budget increase.
4. Repeat until max budget is reached.

Question:
Do Captains or Managers leveling past 3* naturally (completing tasks + a ton of time) add to the crew skill budget? I know management levels fairly fast but piloting certainly does not. A Captain that has reached 3* or greater in piloting naturally should be worth something toward the budget. A Captain with 4* in piloting should be worth a ton.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 18:57

Any chance the Budgeted Start could use the unsigned userdata to work in modified games? (Result start still modified, of course)

Some of us use mods for functionality/AI and not to cheat; it would be nice to have the option to use the designed restrictions even if we don't strictly have to.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 18:58

Mysterial wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 18:57
Any chance the Budgeted Start could use the unsigned userdata to work in modified games? (Result start still modified, of course)
It does. It's only not enabled in the menu, because a budgeted start for a modified game doesn't make a lot of sense, since you can modify anything you like to bypass the budget.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 19:48

Let me ask again, selecting Terran vs Argon war option in the Game Start is not stopping me from getting Terran vs Argon plot, is it intended?

If it is not, I will submit a bug report then.

Also, is Yaki neutral option affecting any plot?

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 23:07

I second the Raptor missing in the fleet list. The Rattlesnake is in the list so I believe this was not intended ? I loaded a save where I have both blueprints before checking the list.

I noticed the "personnel" budget is at 500 even though my save has hundred of crew and several 5 stars.
I am wondering if this is normal or not as it greatly limit the staff for your provisioned stations and fleets.
"Tally ho!" -> Best boarding call ever :-D
Specs: i7-3770S @3.10Ghz, 16GB DD3, 1TB SSD, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenons and charting the universe since 2006.

HeinzS
x4

Post by HeinzS » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 08:03

why can't you buy 1 or 2 star seminars.

rubahax4
x4

Post by rubahax4 » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 15:28

It is very smart and prudent to provide a second fully customizable custom start option.
In the second, creative option, I found setting up relations between factions through quests, but could not find the aggressiveness of xenons.

Alternatively, it is ideal to have the following at the creative start:
1) disabling all quests,
and setting the relations of factions among themselves through the slider, as with a player.
2) setting the level of strength and aggression of xenons

Thanks.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 15:43

Once again, this thread is for feedback on the Budgeted Custom Game Start. If you want to discuss the Creative one, please do it in another thread.

WiiWiesel
x4

Post by WiiWiesel » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 16:06

So, I don't know exactly, where you want to go with the Budgeted Custom Game start, but it seems, that you just want to give the player "a little bit of an edge", when they start a new game.

However, one thing, which doesn't fit into that "a little bit of an edge" is the option to get the final teleportation research from the start for free. Since this one can be used as a giant bomb, the player is able to destroy pretty much any target in the first minutes of the game - which could be used to claim sectors (if they also place an admin module with their budged as well).

If you feel, that this is a bit too much, it may be better to give the player the option to place the player HQ in the Custom Game Start-options and remove final two teleportation techs from it.

WiiWiesel
x4

Post by WiiWiesel » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 16:31

Another thing:

If you place a station in the sector of a faction (e.g. in Argon prime), you won't get the licence for it. This is of course subjective whether this is right or wrong, but I think, the licence should be given for free.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 21:13

I tried a budgeted and also didn't get my plot paid for. What's more, the mining station came out very close to an existing Teladi station!
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... rbox=false
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Alith-Ahnar
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Sun, 1. Aug 21, 10:49

We have 12 options to chose from 'umans yet between the three Alien Races we ain't even have 6 options to chose from kind of a downer.
limiting the Alien Player models to just a single option reinforces stereotypes would be nice to circumvent this in addition to give the player more choice.

A handful of small details I ran noticed.

1. Inventory Items has an entry 'Disrupted Engines" which renders the player's Space Suit nonfunctional (immovable).
2. Imported Stations in NPC-controlled Sectors are placed in a max Size plot with no license, which can cost a lot of money and some relation.
3. A option to add licenses from friendly factions would be great.
4. Faction paint jobs can not be chosen as default if the player starts with any faction rep at 27+.
5. Crew skill costs ramp up way too fast.
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

Alith-Ahnar
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Sun, 1. Aug 21, 13:20

A minor more immersion-related missing detail is the absence of flags for finished DLC game start objectives.

Since some NPC have special dialog in relation to the DLC game start Player it would be great for further customization to include a flag that sets a single one of those objectives as finished or maybe not (including consequences) increasing, even more, the Roleplay potential.

Free Familie Start with a Female Split or Patriarchy with a Male Split.
Terran Pioneer with a stranded Paranid Scientist or the Terran Cadet instead as a female.

Changing those small variables would for me set a whole different mood for how I approached a playthrough.
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”