[4.1 Beta 4] Hangar doors Up After Ship Build

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Zloth2
x4

[4.1 Beta 4] Hangar doors Up After Ship Build

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 17:03

If you are present on a station when an M or S ship finishes building, the gates around the dock stay up. This doesn't happen if the ship finishes building while you are off the station.

Game save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fRx33b ... sp=sharing

There's a Hermes being built in the station called HQ in a little over two minutes. Teleport to the station and watch it finish.
Shift-D to get on board the Hermes
Exit the Hermes.
You're stuck inside the dock!

If you wait for the ship to finish before teleporting, the gates are correctly down.

The same thing happens with small ships, but the gates for those slant so you can escape. I've seen this happen on stations I don't own, too.

I'm worried new players will watch their first trade ship get built, pop on board for a quick look around, exit, tell it to start trading, and be trapped in there with no teleport power and no other ship to shift-D into.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.1 Beta 4] Gates Up After Ship Build

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 17:39

Can't they get into the built ship again, undock and redock if necessary, and work around it that way? It is still an inconsistency though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 22:05

As long as they don't want to watch the coolness of it taking off, sure. If it does take off, they have to call it back then shift-D to get into it again. The glass is stunningly clean, so they won't know they're trapped until they try to leave. Finding the ship and calling it back so they can get out of the dock is going to really spoil the moment. (Though, any relatives watching this transpire will likely enjoy it immensely. ;)
timid." ---- Q

dark7np
x4

Post by dark7np » Sun, 25. Jul 21, 12:41

Aah, you mean the gates that close of the landing bay from the rest of the station if no ship is docked? I had a similar problem when I told one of my ships to undock while I was still on the pad. For M-size pads there's a ladder to the control station that you can use to exit the pad even if the gates are up. Meaning the station at each dock that you can use to call ships in internal docking for example. But for S sized docks if you're stuck on the pad I don't see a solution besides teleporting or calling a ship back.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sun, 25. Jul 21, 18:41

Oh, you're right! One on each side! I never noticed those before.

For the S docks, the gates slant outward from the ship's position. You should be able to jump up on them from the inside and scramble out. (If you've honed your Rebirth jump & crouch, it's even easier.)

I wonder if pointing out those ladders and the slanted gates would be worth putting in as a loading screen tip?
timid." ---- Q

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.1 Beta 4] Hangar doors Up After Ship Build

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 12:13

Was not able to reproduce this as I was not able to shift+d to Hermes before it was complete.

There are other odd ways to be "stuck" inside the docking area, but getting out should be easy. Find the platform where the ship console is and you find a ladder that allows you to get out but just walking towards it.

Ladder.png

MFG

Ketraar

Zloth2
x4

Re: [4.1 Beta 4] Hangar doors Up After Ship Build

Post by Zloth2 » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 21:57

No no no, you don't Shift-D before it's complete! You teleport in to the station, watch it complete, then do Shift-D to get in to the ship. If you are actually standing outside the gate, that will be the only way to get in to the ship.

If you teleport in after it has completed, there won't be a problem.

P.S. Kinda subtle for an escape hatch, if you ask me, but that's another topic.
timid." ---- Q

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”