[4.1 Beta 4] Liberator achievement only on marine capture

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Zloth2
x4

[4.1 Beta 4] Liberator achievement only on marine capture

Post by Zloth2 » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 17:08

(This is also in 4.0)

The Liberator achievement only advances if you send a marine over to capture a S/M ship. If you fly over yourself and take it, the achievement does advance.

That seems like very strange behavior, especially for people already in a small ship. If it's intended, though, maybe the achievement description could be updated?

To repeat this, I got a M class ship to bail, saved game, went over to the ship, and scanned the red dot to take it. I was already looking at the achievement in Steam so I went to my library page and navigated back to my achievements. No advancement for Liberator.

I reloaded, drafted a service crew member as a marine, and sent her over. Navigated away and back on Steam. This time the achievement did advance.

I've got the save still if you want it.

dark7np
x4

Re: [4.1 Beta 4] Liberator achievement only on marine capture

Post by dark7np » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 21:31

Adding the save should make it easier to check. Always good to add it.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 05:07

I'm guessing they can spawn an unclaimed ship up faster than they can load my save, but here it is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TG6KlB ... sp=sharing

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 12:34

As was found out during Rebirth testing, spawning stuff and using cheats for testing/investigation does not always give the same outcomes and issues as with real gameplay. Also the devs may have a slightly more advanced version (in ongoing development terms) running on their system. Hence vanilla saves showing the issue are really useful for the devs.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”