[1242][4.10 beta build 447521] trader character on one of my ships.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

strask412
x4

[1242][4.10 beta build 447521] trader character on one of my ships.

Post by strask412 » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 15:52

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rs0vt68p8cp13 ... ml.gz?dl=0 <--- save file

On the only honshu I own (named "Honshu"), there is a crew member named Yorimi Gupta. She was originally found when I was on the map looking at information for my PHQ and saw "Player employees on board: Yorimi Gupta" and I clicked on her, saw she was a 3-star pilot, and immediately reassigned her to the Honshu intending to make her captain.

I was on the honshu at the time and wanted to give her the promotion personally, so I reassigned the current captain to make them crew and then talked to yorimi, at which point she offered to trade. She seems to be willing to buy my black market trade goods (advanced targeting module, etc) but had nothing to sell. It is weird. She was willing to work as captain when I told her to work somewhere else, but was missing the normal captain options like "proceed with current orders" etc so I wasn't feeling comfortable keeping her in that position. She's an engineer at the moment.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [K0052][4.10 beta build 447521] trader character on one of my ships

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 18:41

We've given it a test and when talking to the person via comm, they disappear rather quickly and don't say anything. Do you happen to know if this person was once part of a mission or something? They are a Pioneer character and aren't set up to speak using the normal crew conversation, but we here don't seem to be getting any conversation options that you are.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 22:35

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Wed, 23. Jun 21, 18:41
We've given it a test and when talking to the person via comm, they disappear rather quickly and don't say anything. Do you happen to know if this person was once part of a mission or something? They are a Pioneer character and aren't set up to speak using the normal crew conversation, but we here don't seem to be getting any conversation options that you are.
So, I replicated it when speaking to them in person not over the comm. She was working on the bridge of the honshu. You might be able to find her there especially if you perhaps clear out the rest of the crew (although that wasn't required in my case).

Even so, you seem to be saying she's acting weird, just not the same kind of weird as I described. That's still weird, right?
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 22:39

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Wed, 23. Jun 21, 18:41
Do you happen to know if this person was once part of a mission or something? They are a Pioneer character and aren't set up to speak using the normal crew conversation
Sorry for the double post, I failed to reply to this point specifically -- No, I am not aware of them being part of any mission. They were on my headquarters at first, and I found them as said via the map interface and reassigned that way. She appeared rather quickly on the bridge of the honshu probably just a couple minutes later. That was the first time I saw her in person, and when the weird dialog options were first apparent. She's just acting like a trader I'll post a screen shot if I can go locate her again.
- Delilah Shiratori

strask412
x4

Re: [K0052][4.10 beta build 447521] trader character on one of my ships - Cannot replicate.

Post by strask412 » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 22:51

Ok, can confirm I took the following steps:

1) Teleport to honshu
2) Inform captain he is now an engineer.
3) Promote best crewmember to captain to get the problem employee back to the bridge.

That worked, but now as you say she is just shaking her head "No" and not talking to me at all. Still a bug. And I swear, earlier I sold her some modular triggers or advanced targeting modules or whatnot, those trade goods only the black market folks usually buy.
- Delilah Shiratori

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [K0052][4.10 beta build 447521] trader character on one of my ships - Cannot replicate.

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 24. Jun 21, 10:53

strask412 wrote:
Wed, 23. Jun 21, 15:52
I was on the honshu at the time and wanted to give her the promotion personally, so I reassigned the current captain to make them crew and then talked to yorimi, at which point she offered to trade.
Ah, that state was probably lost when you left the ship. Now she won't say anything before. Do you happen to have a save when she's still on the HQ?

Edit: But yeah, it is still in a buggy state the way it is in the savegame. Just need to figure out where they came from.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Thu, 24. Jun 21, 16:33

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Thu, 24. Jun 21, 10:53
Do you happen to have a save when she's still on the HQ?
Regretfully I do not. I did not suspect anything was amiss until after I had already hired her away from her original position on the HQ, whatever that was. I kinda assumed she was there acting as trader when I poached her? But no clue if that's true or not. Sorry.
- Delilah Shiratori

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”