4.10 beta HF2 - crash, restart, game not found in Steam - LIkely Steam issue with workaround.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

kmunoz
x4

4.10 beta HF2 - crash, restart, game not found in Steam - LIkely Steam issue with workaround.

Post by kmunoz » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 05:57

This is a weird one.

I launched the game, and at some point in the loading process the display shut off and I couldn't recover it (alt-tab, etc. did nothing).

So I shut down the computer and restarted. When I got back into Steam, X4 was no longer apparently installed. All the files are in the right place, but Steam didn't recognize the install anymore.

Are there any logs that would be useful here? I honestly have no idea what happened. (It happened to me once before, on the 4.0 beta.)

strask412
x4

Re: 4.10 beta HF2 - crash, restart, game not found in Steam

Post by strask412 » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 06:36

That's a steam bug that happens sometimes when games crash. Tell it to re-install, and it will simply re-discover the game already on your disk.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

Gavrushka
x4

Re: 4.10 beta HF2 - crash, restart, game not found in Steam

Post by Gavrushka » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 08:21

One other thing that may be worth mentioning is that Steam has been having intermittent technical issues over the last few hours, and that may in some way have contributed.
“We’re impotent,” Michael said.

“We’ve a chance to put right past mistakes, and that’s what we’re doing right now,” Lucifer said, one eye on Persephone who looked deeply uncomfortable with the conversation. “This is our atonement.” Now that straightened his back. All she’d have to do is suggest he self-flagellated and he’d be in ecstasy. Of all their Father’s creations, she was pretty sure she and her siblings were by far the most flawed…

kmunoz
x4

Re: 4.10 beta HF2 - crash, restart, game not found in Steam - LIkely Steam issue with workaround.

Post by kmunoz » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 16:50

Ok, good to know! I thought it was important to mention since the only two times this has ever happened for me, in the past 5 years of owning a Windows PC, was with X4 4.0 beta and X4 4.1 beta.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”