[4.1 b1] (Massive deaths from Capital/Module final explosions.)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

capitalduty

[4.1 b1] (Massive deaths from Capital/Module final explosions.)

Post by capitalduty » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 17:29

When killing a capital ship the resulting explosion is way overpowered even creating chain reactions as killing one capital ship near other will make it explode really fast creating a massive chain reaction killing everything in a huge radius.

To reproduce this just put together multiple paranid L miners and blow 2 of them...multiple explosions will make short order of anything near.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Mon, 14. Jun 21, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added info to title.

Skeeter
x3

Re: [4.1 b1] (Massive deaths)

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 17:43

Sounds realistic if too close lol.
i5 3570k cpu 16gb DDR3 1600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 18:54

Yeah, the explosions are *massively* OP.
I just tried to take down a Xenon station with a Carrier, some Destroyers and Fighters. Upon module destruction, half of the fighters insta die ; any large ship too close get all of its modules destroyed, basically it is a sitting duck.
Right on commander !

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 19:01

This actually sounds awesome if balanced properly!

Dreez
x4

4.10 update - exploding capitals.

Post by Dreez » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 19:09

Will this be the end of S-ship usage and carriers as we know it ?. I heard that the detonation from a Terran Asgard does
100k damage in a big AoE bang, which means that ANY non-L ship close to the Asgard, will instantly die as well.
Now.. sofar i haven't heard the radius, but knowing the AI piloting and often kamikaze capitalships before breaking off,
the radius of the detonation with have to be very very small - otherwise it's going to instakill all non capitals.

There is also station detonations, who's radius i don't know, but i'm guessing it's far enough to also instantly kill any non-capital.

Does anyone have any actual numbers on this ?. Because i'd hate to see 60 fighters suddenly vanishing because a Xenon-I died.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Skeeter
x3

Re: 4.10 update - exploding capitals.

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 19:14

Dunno but sounds fun and realistic, finally some damage if u blow stuff up and theres other stuff or you close by will also go boom or heavily damaged. Hopefully it scales and their radius has some little chance of running from it but yeah if it does what ppl saying then i say ignore ppl who complain and leave it in. Those with billions can replace anyhow, gives em somit to do endgame LMAO!
i5 3570k cpu 16gb DDR3 1600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 19:18

it would be balanced if fighters got enough time to retreat...and if our ai captains reacted instantly and accurately to our retreat commands...right now is just completely unbalanced and erases fighters/bombers gameplay around capital ships, it destroys delicate balance when player is around...you could easily target a freight L ship to destroy all components in a near enemy fleet ...its not fun.

It will become really clear when accidently one L ships explodes near one of your carrier wings...you surely won't smile at that!

Vannacutt-BT-
x4

Post by Vannacutt-BT- » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 19:27

I can report
I was standing 4 km away from a K and my ship (Kukri) exploded too
Best regards
Vannacutt-BT-

PC-Specs: PasteBin
My Mod: BaerTec God Mode
For questions why I use a mod, I am seriously ill.

"...und der Tod stellte seine Sense in die Ecke und stieg auf den Mähdrescher... denn es war Krieg" - Unknown Author

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 19:28

I liked it in XR as a danger to the player ship but in X4 the fleet AI is not intelligent to handle this situation. If it were, it would be useless anyway. And anything in between is needless micromanaging to constantly replace ships.
capitalduty wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 19:18
[...]is just completely unbalanced and erases fighters/bombers gameplay around capital ships[...]
^ This. Thank you.

I would have never thought to be against a feature that hard.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

michi_oss
x4

Post by michi_oss » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 19:43

What I ask myself: Why should other ships be affected by an explosion as long as they are not hitted by parts of the destroyed ship/station?
There is no air, so there cannot be a pressure wave.
So if there is an effect to other ships the destroyed ship/station must break into many parts which are flying away into space and hit other ships - but I guess this will not happen in X4?!

Or which physical influence do I miss?
Die Kraft einer Kerze ist die Flamme, aber sie brennt nur so lange wie der Docht.

rene6740
x4

Post by rene6740 » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 19:53

shovelmonkey wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 19:01
This actually sounds awesome if balanced properly!
That’s a big if considering what happened with 4.0 :)

Clownmug
x4

Re: 4.10 update - exploding capitals.

Post by Clownmug » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 20:01

If it's anything like X:Rebirth, then yeah. S/M ship losses in every battle will be nearly guaranteed.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 20:11

just watched a K kill teladi destroyed and the reward was the K lost all turrets :lol: , yea kind of too much
Fixed credits not being able to claim abandoned ships sometimes getting stuck when boarding operation sometimes getting some owner other than the player builds a station module or surface element.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 20:12

Tamina wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 19:28
I liked it in XR as a danger to the player ship but in X4 the fleet AI is not intelligent to handle this situation. If it were, it would be useless anyway. And anything in between is needless micromanaging to constantly replace ships.
capitalduty wrote:
[...]is just completely unbalanced and erases fighters/bombers gameplay around capital ships[...]
^ This. Thank you.

This feature is good, but needs balancing, it should deal a bit of damage that can kill heavily damaged fighters only, like those that have 10-15% HP left and no shields. I used this feature in my mods before with great success.

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 20:44

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 20:12
Tamina wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 19:28
capitalduty wrote:
^ This. Thank you.

This feature is good, but needs balancing, it should deal a bit of damage that can kill heavily damaged fighters only, like those that have 10-15% HP left and no shields. I used this feature in my mods before with great success.
I totally agree, feature is ok...just like X-Rebirth explosions...right now is totally unbalanced!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”