[4.0 HF3] Player tradestation trade with itself

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Wultan
x4

[4.0 HF3] Player tradestation trade with itself

Post by Wultan » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 17:21

In attached save there is a trade station named 03 and it have a tranporter named DIS-954.
This transporter buys 7 energie cells from the station and next command is to sell 7 energie cells back to that station.
This may not be intended. The questions here is why the transporter do that trade und why 7 energie cells only.

After load the save press the pause key, to not miss the action. A little after DIS-954 do this, other ships from station 03 do same with slightly different amounts of wares.

Beside this there is a behaviour that may have to do with the mentioned case.
I set up stations 03 to pass wares from and to station 01 and 02. And a little more far away to my HQ.
In principle this is working, but the ships do transport only a little amount of wares (e.g. 500 energie cells instead of possible 10.000).
And most of the time the trade ships do nothing. Although the stock of stations 01 and 02 are full and the stock in 03 is empty.
All stations and ships are configured to trade for my company only, no trades for the public.

save: http://www.wultan.de/x4/StationTradeWithItself.gz

Wultan
x4

Re: [4.0 HF3] Player tradestation trade with itself

Post by Wultan » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 08:28

Wultan wrote:
Thu, 1. Apr 21, 17:21
von Wultan » Do 1. Apr 2021, 17:21
This was no joke :wink:

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 10:27

This sounds like you have the buy price set higher than the sell price at the trade station. If this happens, the trader subordinates get into a degenerate loop of buying the ware just to immediately sell it back to the trade station they brought it from. It does not cost you any money, but is a waste of time for the traders.

If this is the case the solution is to adjust the prices in logical overview so buy is lower than sell price. If using automatic pricing then both buy and sell must be automatic to avoid this, otherwise you need to manually set both buy and sell prices to meet the requirement.

The trading of small amounts is usually due to insufficient operating budget at the buyer. Buy orders are generated by being backed by operating budget. Without enough operating budget to back all the required buy orders it may not be possible for traders to operate efficient and move large volumes, even if no money is changing hands as it is all internal trade. This also applies to build storages who cannot make full buy orders without having at least the estimated construction budget available.

There may be a bug with Energy Cells set to minimum price causing them to generate small trades. This was the case back in 3.XX versions and I cannot confirm if it has been fixed or not. If this is the case then the solution is to set minimum sell price to 1 or 2 credits above the lowest value. Selling Energy Cells at lowest value is impractical anyway.

Wultan
x4

Post by Wultan » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 14:14

Because this is a trade station (or trade hub), the station sells at low price and buys at hight price. (Set fixed prices prevent in some cases the transportation of small amounts, beside sufficient "operating budget"). To hinder a trader to sell and buy at same point may be a good idea at all.

trade hub = I my game this hub acts like a bridge between production station and mining outpost. It works well, if mining station have trader and production station have traders, but the hub not. My thought was to let the hub be a distributor and save the traders at thwo stations ;)

Katorone
x4

Post by Katorone » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 07:59

Wultan wrote:
Thu, 22. Apr 21, 14:14
Because this is a trade station (or trade hub), the station sells at low price and buys at hight price. (Set fixed prices prevent in some cases the transportation of small amounts, beside sufficient "operating budget"). To hinder a trader to sell and buy at same point may be a good idea at all.

trade hub = I my game this hub acts like a bridge between production station and mining outpost. It works well, if mining station have trader and production station have traders, but the hub not. My thought was to let the hub be a distributor and save the traders at thwo stations ;)
Alternatively you can do:
On the mining outpost: buy with automatic pricing, sell for lowest price to own faction only. Only miners, no traders except maybe a few for drone components & smart chips.
On the warehouse: buy with automatic pricing, sell with automatic pricing (both own faction only). Traders for solids/liquids and containers if needed.
On the production station: buy for highest price (from own faction only), optionally sell the product for the lowest price if you want to distribute it through warehouses as well. Traders for solids/liquids and/or wares.

The lowest price you can manually set is 1 lower than the lowest price that the automatic pricing will pay. So you'll always entice traders to do the trade.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”