4.0 [HF 3] Attacked flee for a short period, than return to mining spot to be destroyed

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

olol3d
x4

4.0 [HF 3] Attacked flee for a short period, than return to mining spot to be destroyed

Post by olol3d » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 21:47

Miners beeing attacked, for example by KHK M and S ships, flee for a short amount of time, only to return to mining spot, where they were attacked and get destroyed.(Antigone Memorial in my case)
dumb AI did cost me miners....
Trade Ships try art least to reach the next station....

Argghhh
Oli

Gigaflux
x4

Re: 4.0 [HF 3] Attacked flee for a short period, than return to mining spot to be destroyed

Post by Gigaflux » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 10:01

Yeah, I noticed this behaviour recently, too. Very annoying. Please change that.

Rastuasi
x4

Re: 4.0 [HF 3] Attacked flee for a short period, than return to mining spot to be destroyed

Post by Rastuasi » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 13:49

olol3d wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 21:47
Miners beeing attacked, for example by KHK M and S ships, flee for a short amount of time, only to return to mining spot, where they were attacked and get destroyed.(Antigone Memorial in my case)

Argghhh
Oli
It's not dumb, they're following orders on both accounts. Both are fleeing, then continuing where they left off. Your trade ship is still going where it was, so if it is a pirate destroyer on the destination station that attacked your ship, it'll go right back to try to dock. This is what the miner does as it cannot see that there's a hostile still outside radar range, but it does know there's rocks to be mined. Until you give them a different order, they will try to complete what you gave them, even if it means death.

Gigaflux
x4

Post by Gigaflux » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 09:34

Rastuasi wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 13:49
olol3d wrote:

Argghhh
Oli
It's not dumb, they're following orders on both accounts. Both are fleeing, then continuing where they left off. Your trade ship is still going where it was, so if it is a pirate destroyer on the destination station that attacked your ship, it'll go right back to try to dock. This is what the miner does as it cannot see that there's a hostile still outside radar range, but it does know there's rocks to be mined. Until you give them a different order, they will try to complete what you gave them, even if it means death.
Well ... information should be passed within my empire. If I can see that enemy, for example because it is in the area of a satellite or it is engaged with another ship of mine, this vital information should be available to those non-military captains also.

Of course, I know that behaviour and I am used to it, but still it could be improved, don't you think so?

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 14:14

Gigaflux wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 09:34
Rastuasi wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 13:49
olol3d wrote:

Argghhh
Oli
Well ... information should be passed within my empire. If I can see that enemy, for example because it is in the area of a satellite or it is engaged with another ship of mine, this vital information should be available to those non-military captains also.

Of course, I know that behaviour and I am used to it, but still it could be improved, don't you think so?
Except that's not how the AI are designed. Unless in a fleet, they are self/private contractors, so they do not see the other ships under your flag. This is why one trader will just fly past another that is under attack. They are their own entity, doing the thing they're told to, they don't communicate with the others you've contracted.

Gigaflux
x4

Post by Gigaflux » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 15:51

Rastuasi wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 14:14
Except that's not how the AI are designed. Unless in a fleet, they are self/private contractors, so they do not see the other ships under your flag. This is why one trader will just fly past another that is under attack. They are their own entity, doing the thing they're told to, they don't communicate with the others you've contracted.
That's true, I have to admit. But what I wrote was that this behaviour could be improved. If there's a general alarm in a specific sector, all trader captains should be more careful (perhaps also all military with low morale stats also). Right now, coming back to the individual private contractor: a miner comes back to where it was attacked and actually leaves the travel mode and stops right besides the enemy, trying to start mining again. I could happily live with miners which will return as soon as possible, but once they see the enemy (actually ANY enemy) they should not stop but flee again (that is, just flying past the enemy in travel mode), while trying to change the course a little bit (beginning from 40 km or whatever radar distance is) in order to increase the minimum distance to its enemies. That's all. Should be not too much to be requested :-)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”