[4.0 HF3] ZYA missions / possible bug

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

slober
x4

[4.0 HF3] ZYA missions / possible bug

Post by slober » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 22:56

I noticed that ARG vs HOP and ARG vs XEN missions don't require modifications for M class ships any more (Fleet building missions)

But ZYA vs ARG missions require modification for Cobra. I'm not sure but maybe you forgot to fix it for ZYA.

Thanks

slober
x4

Re: [4.0 HF3] ZYA missions / possible bug

Post by slober » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 09:01

I hope I've collected all of them.

Assemble fleet missions:

ARG vs XEN / 3 Cerberus ask for Damage Mod [Piercer] - possible bug
ARG vs HOP / any modification are not required.
ZYA vs ARG / 3x Cobra require mod [Piercer] - possible bug
PAR vs HOP / any modification are not required
TER vs XEN / any modification are not required

p.s. Generally player take missions to GET some materials for mods. It would be great if M class ships start require some guns/turrets/deployables instead of mods.

---------------------

Build Military base mission - possible bug (for all factions)

This base doesn't require any defend module. Just 10 turrets and 40K container storage.
What is a reason to build it? It will not be used as a trade station and it doesn't give any power for defending sector.

Thanks

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 23:30

Given that the script file explicitly asks for damage mods, I think this very much is intentional.

slober
x4

Post by slober » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 06:40

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 23:30
Given that the script file explicitly asks for damage mods, I think this very much is intentional.
Maybe it is intentional. But what is a reason for it?
For example ARG vs HOP / ARG vs XEN.
Missions are the same with generally the same amount of money. You just abort the mission for Xenons and do the same mission for HOP without any wasting of mods.

In this case:
If required mods is intentional then missions with not required mods - bug.... and vice versa

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 11:04

slober wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 06:40
Missions are the same with generally the same amount of money. You just abort the mission for Xenons and do the same mission for HOP without any wasting of mods.
They only ask for basic mods which are very common. If you have ships set to repeat order collect items near battle sites you usually end up with the ability to craft hundreds, if not thousands, of such mods in a reasonable amount of time.
slober wrote:
If required mods is intentional then missions with not required mods - bug.... and vice versa
Just because something adds variety does not make it a bug. If such variety is balanced is another question.

slober
x4

Post by slober » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 12:15

Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 11:04
slober wrote:
They only ask for basic mods which are very common. If you have ships set to repeat order collect items near battle sites you usually end up with the ability to craft hundreds, if not thousands, of such mods in a reasonable amount of time.
slober wrote:
Just because something adds variety does not make it a bug. If such variety is balanced is another question.
It is not a variety and I can explain why

I have 4 3:57 game time. I'm able to make only 9 mods for this type of missions. It could be ok if all these missions ask for mods and I would think... money or rare materials? But:
What is the reason to waste rare materials IF I can do the same mission from the same faction for the same money without any mods?

It is not a variety.
It looks like somebody makes mistake a long time ago and instead of fixing starts call this BUG as a feature.
Unfortunately the same tricks didn't work for S Pulse gun for M class Falx a few weeks ago and that bug was fixed.

I understand that it is a minor issue and nobody wants to spend time for autogenerated missions inside the game... but it like a 10 minutes to fix and never come back to this question.

I'm sorry if say something wrong
Thanks for your time

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 15:02

slober wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 12:15
It looks like somebody makes mistake a long time ago and instead of fixing starts call this BUG as a feature.
Just because something is not balanced does not make it a bug... This very much is intentional as they have explicitly coded into the scripts that mod parts are required for those missions. It is not something you can accidently add to a mission in the first place. In fact based on previous feedback they expanded the functionality of mods for such missions so that mods now have unique names so you know which damage mod to craft for the missions, before then it was trial and error until you learnt it.
slober wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 12:15
Unfortunately the same tricks didn't work for S Pulse gun for M class Falx a few weeks ago and that bug was fixed.
That was a bug because it was not intended and prevented the missions from ever being completed. Likely the result of a copy and paste error, or a miscommunication. Requiring installing a mod onto a ship weapon does not prevent the missions from being completed.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”