Borked Player Shipyard due to Ship trader problems

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

exogenesis
x4

Borked Player Shipyard due to Ship trader problems

Post by exogenesis » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 01:55

I had to un-build & rebuild a new duplicate shipyard,
after it got 'locked out' from use by a problem with ship trader assignment.

Seems an assigned employee can get 'lost in the system' & non-functional somehow.

In the save-game there is a player-employee named 'Mellisa Cente', who was assigned from docked player-ship crew,
who I now can't 'comm' to re-assign (or fire, or anything else), & her skill properties are sort of grayed out for her,
as in the below screenshot.

Also not sure where the list of other 14 'Player Employees On-Board' is coming from ???, doesn't make sense.

http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/20191226132110_1.jpg

Not 100% what the problem sequence was, but I ended up with a shipyard with a manager,
& then had assigned the crew-member as ship trader,
but the ship trader was 'locked out' making the shipyard non-functional in terms of taking ship build orders.
Problem was I couldn't remove or assign anyone else to the shipyards 'work somewhere else for me' positions.

I did wait after assigning her, as for the manager,
to make sure she got to the station location, but she seems to have fallen down a crack somewhere.

save game:
http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/save_005.xml.gz

Otherwise v3.00 beta 4 is functioning pretty smoothly, many good improvements,
& impressed that I can still carry on with a game started in v1.50 with only minor problems...

darkstar12
x4

Re: Borked Player Shipyard due to Ship trader problems

Post by darkstar12 » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 06:46

I have not been abled to com shiptraders since we got them. Nor see their actual skills. It automatically reroutes the call to the station manager if you manage to open the coms.
And so it Begins.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 12:45

I can confirm the issue exogenesis is reporting with the save. I tried for a good hour to get their warf to function. No matter what I did, it appears that Mellisa Cente is always present on the station but no ship dealer is functional. I cannot physically find Mellisa Cente on the station either.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 18:18

Thanks for testing Imperial, glad it's wasn't just something I was doing wrong.

rene6740
x4

Post by rene6740 » Mon, 30. Dec 19, 03:36

I had a similar issue. I ran around the dock and found the npc I assigned to the station as ship dealer. He was stuck on a fence and couldn't get to his office and therefore the wharf was not working correctly.
I talked to him and fired him. I then assigned a new employee as ship dealer and everything was working.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 30. Dec 19, 13:21

Perhaps then the issue here is that you can talk face-to-face to a stuck assigned NPC but not remotely comm them. Maybe a possible workaround could be that once an NPC is assigned a job, they should be capable of being comm'd in that capacity, wherever they may currently be, with some limited options and so can at least be fired remotely or have guidance activated to meet them.

Maybe that could sort of approach could also help in player station missing inventory trader situations.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 22:47

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 30. Dec 19, 13:21
Perhaps then the issue here is that you can talk face-to-face to a stuck assigned NPC but not remotely comm them. Maybe a possible workaround could be that once an NPC is assigned a job, they should be capable of being comm'd in that capacity, wherever they may currently be, with some limited options and so can at least be fired remotely or have guidance activated to meet them.

Maybe that could sort of approach could also help in player station missing inventory trader situations.
I got this same problem few versions ago. Find her on your station and talk to her to get around the bug.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 21. Jan 20, 03:07

VincentTH wrote:
Fri, 17. Jan 20, 22:47
I got this same problem few versions ago. Find her on your station and talk to her to get around the bug.
Without being able to get guidance to the ship dealer, this can be very difficult and certainly time consuming. Where does one start to look on a station that has several dozen docks?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”