Terraforming Ocean of Fantasy

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dholmstr

Terraforming Ocean of Fantasy

Post by dholmstr » Sun, 3. Dec 23, 11:18

Some spoilers might be in this topic so I picked this. Anyways, I'm in the process to terraform that lavaplanet in ocean of fantasy for the Boron. Now I have done one 2,85M units of ice project. The second time the progress stops riiight at the end saying that I'm missing about 7k units of ice. This might be a small setback from a quake don't really mind. BUT there a re no more drones in the que or anything that would complete the project. I can't restart the project becouse it is right at the finishline, the abort button is grey. I've tried jumping the station out and in back. Restarted the terraforming mission, nothing.

Has anyone had a similar problem AND solved it? I don't mind the quakes' setbacks but I do mind when the game can't compensate for it.

Candaan001
x4

Re: Terraforming Ocean of Fantasy

Post by Candaan001 » Mon, 4. Dec 23, 05:22

This sounds like a bug.
Might be worth posting in the support forum with an upload of your save.

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Mon, 4. Dec 23, 08:56

I was afraid of that. Could a moderator move this to support forums, so we can continue there?

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Wed, 1. May 24, 05:56

I ran into this, too. It's not a bug, it's just how the system works. If you've got no other need for ice other than the terraforming, the manager will request smaller and smaller amounts of ice as the project phase comes to an end. Eventually, it can drop to a very small amount of ice and your traders no longer want to bother trading.

One quick fix is to simply give one of the traders an order to transfer the ice to the station. That will overrule the manager's desires and that last drone will finally build. And then you'll run into the exact same problem when the next run of ice nears completion.

A better solution is to tell your manager to always strive to keep ice on board the station. You don't need to make this millions! If you make it big enough to fill up two or three M terraforming drones, you'll avoid the problem. If you make it larger, your ice miners will still be able to dump ice into your HQ while those last terraforming drones slooooooowly putter on over to the planet. (Just don't forget about it when you finish the ice stage.)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”