Ownerless Perch [Quest-Bug?]

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JasonX2000
x4

Ownerless Perch [Quest-Bug?]

Post by JasonX2000 » Mon, 8. May 23, 18:18

I found a Ship where there was no owner.
It just was named "Lost Ship" or something (i don't know how its named in english i play in german). I let my underling claim it.
I let it flew it to one station in avarice an.
After some time i teleported to that base because i wanted to use another ship.
After i teleported there, there was a cutscene in my com with boso ta talking about that "lost ship"
Now it says i have to use my space suite and claim it. But i have already claimed it.
Using my space suite did not seem to do something. I just went inside in the docking hatch.

Did i bugged something out? Can i fix it? Did i break any kind of quest to this?

Chirashi
x4

Re: Ownerless Perch [Quest-Bug?]

Post by Chirashi » Mon, 8. May 23, 18:53

I had the same situation in my game. The quest-line wasn't broken though. After some time Boso Ta just considered that I owned the ship the story moved on. I don't think I missed anything. Maybe wait a bit and teleport to or take control of the ship and it should be fine. (Was the case for me anyway, despite the "get in your spacesuit" comment)

JasonX2000
x4

Post by JasonX2000 » Mon, 8. May 23, 19:36

Did not work out for me.

I event tried EMPing my ship and scan that Nodes but nope.
I flew it around, docked undocked. Nothing helped. :(

Chirashi
x4

Post by Chirashi » Mon, 8. May 23, 19:42

I don't know more to be honest. I docked the ship at my HQ and forgot about it for a while. Then when I got the message that i should use my Spacesuit I just went into the ship and into the pilots seat and it was fine...
Do you have anything in the mission description? How are you doing on the Alliance of the Word quest?

JasonX2000
x4

Post by JasonX2000 » Mon, 8. May 23, 19:56

Thats the point. I don't have any mission description for that cutscene.
I just got OSD messages what to do. Thats all.
The last one was "I have to scan the data leak". Yay.

I already did the boron plot I only have The Split and the Terran Side-Quest (That one to worsen the relation between ARG and ANT) left.

Chirashi
x4

Post by Chirashi » Mon, 8. May 23, 20:16

Honestly I don't know more. I think it's more kind of a tutorial than anything else really, a lot of missions in the Boron plot have that feeling to them. I don't remember getting any particular plot or mission for that ship, it just seemed like part of the Boron quest but since you did that I don't think there is more to do.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 8. May 23, 20:44

I think it was expected that the ship would be found early on in the Boron quest and that the player would do the claiming in person with 'helpful guidance' happening throughout. It was probably just intended as a tutorial, some background on the Boron resource situation, and a non-unbalancing freebie ship opportunity early in the new plot. The devs can never anticipate all the things that players might do, and/or in what order. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”