A Heart for Pirates finished: Yaki free?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Starlight_Corporation
x4

A Heart for Pirates finished: Yaki free?

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sun, 7. May 23, 15:11

Went to finish the final Yaki mission, A Heart for Pirates (with Split assistance) & while I enjoy the trade it gives the Yaki, they don't seem to become a sector-claiming faction, like what happens when you finish the HAT plot (and Hatikvah is grabby in my game with 4 sectors under their control)

Visited the Yaki station often, hoping for a build mission or something else, but never seen them hand out missions.

Curious if anyone could confirm this is the case? Yaki remain home in their one station & don't offer missions from their station?

Really enjoy the look of the Yaki people (face cybernetics!), so hoped to motivate them in some way to build more stations (or help them directly) to see more of them.

BitByte
x4

Re: A Heart for Pirates finished: Yaki free?

Post by BitByte » Sun, 7. May 23, 21:17

Yaki doesn't become sector owner so that is normal behaviour.
They may offer jobs indirectly if another AI faction (ANT/ZYA/RHA) takes sector ownership and builds stations. I haven't seen any missions from them in 4.20 or 5.10HF3b.

You can still trade with their headquarters and gain reputation that way if/when needed.
In my game they fight quite much with TER and sometimes with TRI so selling ship building materials is constant.

mp63
x3

Post by mp63 » Sun, 7. May 23, 21:18

Nope, no building, no missions. Although... they are my best customers. They try to buy as many fighters as you let them on your shipyards, then swarm out and attack anything Terran etc. I pick up the wrecks and recycle, rinse, repeat. :lol:

Issue with this behaviour: if you don't limit their purchasing they will assemble large fleets causing too much destruction AND quite often start a fight close to your shipyards with friendly fire sooner or later resulting in a decrease in relationship. Since there are no Yaki missions it's basically impossible to repair stats. :rant:

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sun, 7. May 23, 21:58

mp63 wrote:
Sun, 7. May 23, 21:18
Nope, no building, no missions. Although... they are my best customers. They try to buy as many fighters as you let them on your shipyards, then swarm out and attack anything Terran etc. I pick up the wrecks and recycle, rinse, repeat. :lol:

Issue with this behaviour: if you don't limit their purchasing they will assemble large fleets causing too much destruction AND quite often start a fight close to your shipyards with friendly fire sooner or later resulting in a decrease in relationship. Since there are no Yaki missions it's basically impossible to repair stats. :rant:
Cheers for the replies & good to know.

And yus, Yaki are shoring up to be a major threat in the universe. Their shipyard gets well supplied & they do buy whole fleets from my shipyard & wreck havoc all over the universe. Which is a good thing as it keeps the economy going now that the Xenon have been pushed back to two pockets. Somebody has to wreck ships & be a threat.

Shame they don't become a sector-claiming faction, or build additional stations. Current game I'm running is about creating as much as viable factions as possible & push the conflicts between them to keep the economy going & maintain a dynamic changing universe.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”