Mystery of the #Deca Terraformer ships.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

steelman111
x4

Mystery of the #Deca Terraformer ships.

Post by steelman111 » Tue, 25. Apr 23, 07:39

In the Atiya's Misfortune system there are wrecks of two Terraformer CPU ships (also known as #deca), the #deca has always fascinated me and so have the Terraformer ships in general so I thought it was really cool to see them in some form in X4, from what is said in the description for this system, a long time ago... a single Terran capital ship (A Tokyo class M1) was on a mission to colonise the sector but tragically came in to contact with a large force of Terraformers/Xenon, the Tokyo was lost almost immediately as survivors rushed to escape in what small vessels remained.

Upon examining the wrecks, the both #Deca have been relatively violently destroyed, the first one has a massive hole going in one side and straight out the other as if it was hit by some kind of giant railgun or omgwtfbeam (as used by the Asgard), a weapon that even the modern Tokyo class doesn't have let alone the old one of that time, the other #Deca has been destroyed almost beyond recognition and is a total mess, as if it had imploded.

So this begs the question, what really happened to these humongous Terraformer vessels? did the remaining Terran's that weren't able to escape somehow figure out a way to suicide bomb them with devastating effect? did some unknown but incredibly advanced race (maybe the gate builders?) come along and decide to erase them? Did the Xenon just advance to a certain point as to regard the CPU ships as obsolete and "dismantle" them?

Here's some pics I took of the ships and their locations the map: https://imgur.com/a/bmWsXeS

Also I'm unsure if it's a bug but they don't always seem to spawn and their appearence may be based on what "seed" your game starts with, I had to start a new game a few times (and saved time checking by using a cheat mod to teleport there) before they both appeared, the mostly destroyed one appears in Atiya's Misfortune I not far behind the gate that leads to Frontier Edge, the second mostly intact one appears some distance west of the inactive jumpgate in Atiya's Misfortune III, it is usually above and within 100km of the data vault.

I'm interested in learning more about what happened to these vessels and also curious as to what happened to the wreck of the Terran capital ship considering the #Deca wrecks are still remaining, also has anyone found any more of these #Deca wrecks across the universe? I'd love to visit them!

mp63
x3

Re: Mystery of the #Deca Terraformer ships.

Post by mp63 » Tue, 25. Apr 23, 11:20

....well, there's a Quasar Vanguard, GPD-007, patroulling in Cardinals Redress. It's name is "Nothing to see here" :mrgreen:

I guess there are many "Eastereggs" like this wreck or other things in the game that may have been part of the development process and didn't make it into a plot etc. but remain there anyway... :gruebel:

Have you found the Xenon Hub in Eleventh Hour? Look into the Sun... :o

steelman111
x4

Post by steelman111 » Tue, 25. Apr 23, 13:33

mp63 wrote:
Tue, 25. Apr 23, 11:20
....well, there's a Quasar Vanguard, GPD-007, patroulling in Cardinals Redress. It's name is "Nothing to see here" :mrgreen:

I guess there are many "Eastereggs" like this wreck or other things in the game that may have been part of the development process and didn't make it into a plot etc. but remain there anyway... :gruebel:

Ha I never knew about that ship, that's cool!

As for the hub yep I once spent the time flying to it in a modded Pegasus, it's awesome to see up close, sadly you can't go inside of it and going too far past it leads to insta death from the sun, still worth the trip though imo.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 25. Apr 23, 13:40

steelman111 wrote:
Tue, 25. Apr 23, 13:33
As for the hub yep I once spent the time flying to it in a modded Pegasus, it's awesome to see up close, sadly you can't go inside of it and going too far past it leads to insta death from the sun, still worth the trip though imo.
You got that to work? I approached it in a super fast ship and blew up - I assume due to proximity to the start - before I got even remotely close. The hub model not appeared to have gotten any larger the entire trip. Might try that again.

mp63
x3

Post by mp63 » Tue, 25. Apr 23, 15:50

steelman111 wrote:
mp63 wrote:
Tue, 25. Apr 23, 11:20

Ha I never knew about that ship, that's cool!

....got an Ares parked inside next to a nav beacon. Maybe I relocate my HQ one day :lol:

In the good ole days when hazardous/effects would only affect ships with player in system it was possible to literally park a ship on each side of the hub just outside the death perimeter and then teleport out, tell pilot 1to fly to pilot 2 and make him stop half way - which was inside. The deadly effect exists on the outside only. :mrgreen:

Hope egosoft keeps it that way except when the Hub would becom active again... :rant:

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Tue, 25. Apr 23, 19:43

You have another interesting wreckage in Tharka's Cascade XV, is a Xenon I collided against an asteroid, there are also rests of Teladi capital ships, such they make a suicidal attack against the I by ramming it against the asteroid.

Is supposed to be near the inactive jumpgate, but I don't know if is have been removed, as in my current gameplay, the asteroid is here, but not de wreck. In previous gameplays I always found it in the same place.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... rbox=false

steelman111
x4

Post by steelman111 » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 00:12

Pesanur wrote:
Tue, 25. Apr 23, 19:43
You have another interesting wreckage in Tharka's Cascade XV, is a Xenon I collided against an asteroid, there are also rests of Teladi capital ships, such they make a suicidal attack against the I by ramming it against the asteroid.

Is supposed to be near the inactive jumpgate, but I don't know if is have been removed, as in my current gameplay, the asteroid is here, but not de wreck. In previous gameplays I always found it in the same place.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... rbox=false
Good find! I love these little details in the world.
Scoob wrote:
Tue, 25. Apr 23, 13:40
steelman111 wrote:
You got that to work? I approached it in a super fast ship and blew up - I assume due to proximity to the start - before I got even remotely close. The hub model not appeared to have gotten any larger the entire trip. Might try that again.
Yeah I'm unsure what happened there, I didn't do anything special - just started travel drive and then left the game running in a window while I did something else, can't quite remember the speed I was travelling at but I think it took around two hours roughly to get right up close to it, I manually saved every so often during the journey incase something like insta death were to happen though.

mp63
x3

Post by mp63 » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 13:41

...not much to see inside. It's just a huge, empty sphere. You can fly approx. 150km in each direction from the center until the "Danger! Entering atmosphere" warning starts. Enough space for a secret HQ :mrgreen:

Pictures:
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiQyDKflUP_p2J1-YRo ... Q?e=ho6BES
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiQyDKflUP_p2J19Vws ... g?e=LQb7R5
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiQyDKflUP_p2J1_p5R ... Q?e=sIqelV
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiQyDKflUP_p2J4AC63 ... w?e=HfCcMO

steelman111
x4

Post by steelman111 » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 02:17

mp63 wrote:
Wed, 26. Apr 23, 13:41
...not much to see inside. It's just a huge, empty sphere. You can fly approx. 150km in each direction from the center until the "Danger! Entering atmosphere" warning starts. Enough space for a secret HQ :mrgreen:

Pictures:
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiQyDKflUP_p2J1-YRo ... Q?e=ho6BES
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiQyDKflUP_p2J19Vws ... g?e=LQb7R5
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiQyDKflUP_p2J1_p5R ... Q?e=sIqelV
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiQyDKflUP_p2J4AC63 ... w?e=HfCcMO
Thanks for the pics! although there isn't much to see inside I still find it really cool anyway, I wish there was more to explore in the game as I'm craving for more! Also hoping that they re-introduce the hub as something you can interact with in a future DLC, maybe use it to access hidden systems with interesting things to discover which I believe was the case in X3 if I'm remembering right.

mp63
x3

Post by mp63 » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 15:28

p.s. in case someone wants to know how far away the HUB is - from my ship inside to the gate leading to Guiding Star it's a whopping 133725km :o

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 02:03

Another mystery is the “Xenon asteroid”, those jagged rocks filled with orange-red crystals.

they are almost solely found in Xenon sectors, with the only two sets that are not being in Sanctuary of Darkness (former Xenon sector) and Turquoise sea ( which has a rumor about something hidden within and is often subject to Xenon invasion).

My thought on the ships there are wreckage from the Xenon war seen in X2 Nopileos. The Community of Planets led a crusade to finally annihilate the Xenon and almost succeeded, destroying several CPU. Since the Paranids have railguns it would make sense that it is wreckage from that war.
My question however is if the mangled one is actually #(might be wrong name) Befa, which was either fully or partially destroyed at the end of the third X-book. Based on its description, it may be its wreckage.

If it is Befa, then it means that the Intergalactic jump gate could be within Atiya’s misfortune, and who knows what might have been sneaking out of there
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

steelman111
x4

Post by steelman111 » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 11:53

Teladi CEO wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 02:03
Another mystery is the “Xenon asteroid”, those jagged rocks filled with orange-red crystals.

they are almost solely found in Xenon sectors, with the only two sets that are not being in Sanctuary of Darkness (former Xenon sector) and Turquoise sea ( which has a rumor about something hidden within and is often subject to Xenon invasion).

My thought on the ships there are wreckage from the Xenon war seen in X2 Nopileos. The Community of Planets led a crusade to finally annihilate the Xenon and almost succeeded, destroying several CPU. Since the Paranids have railguns it would make sense that it is wreckage from that war.
My question however is if the mangled one is actually #(might be wrong name) Befa, which was either fully or partially destroyed at the end of the third X-book. Based on its description, it may be its wreckage.

If it is Befa, then it means that the Intergalactic jump gate could be within Atiya’s misfortune, and who knows what might have been sneaking out of there
Those are some good points and it definitely makes Atiya's Misfortune a really interesting system to think about, as for the crystal asteroids it does appear that the Xenon have found some kind of use for them, the structures they have built around particularly large ones in Tharka's Cascade appear to be harvesting some form of energy and storing it, I also speculate that these are the same asteroids that the Kha'ak obtain or create Kyon crystals from especially after seeing the Kha'aks behaviour surrounding a crystal asteroid in the Sanctuary of Darkness system - maybe the Xenon use the crystals to power their weapons in a similar way to how the Kha'ak do.

I've never read the books but now they're on my radar I'll have to take a look when I can.
mp63 wrote:
Thu, 27. Apr 23, 15:28
p.s. in case someone wants to know how far away the HUB is - from my ship inside to the gate leading to Guiding Star it's a whopping 133725km :o
Now that's some distance, it's impressive how big sectors can be lol.

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 20:43

Tharka's Cascade appear to be harvesting some form of energy and storing it, I also speculate that these are the same asteroids that the Kha'ak obtain or create Kyon crystals from especially after seeing the Kha'aks behaviour surrounding a crystal asteroid in the Sanctuary of Darkness system - maybe the Xenon use the crystals to power their weapons in a similar way to how the Kha'ak do.
I could see that making sense! The graviton cannons the Xenon use are exceptionally powerful. In fact, the only other faction to utilize parts of Xenon ships, the Yaki, do have a station with those crystals. It’s their Xenon “controller”
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 02:19

I had to spend near 2h 40mins flying with pegasus to hub and damn it's indeed huge. Sadly not possible fly in as started give warning about entering atmosphere.

I wonder if those 2 deca wrecks are always in same place or could it be them are also little bit random placed depending from seed. Quick check I couldn't spot them from my game now. But I have feeling I've seen 1 in Atiya's Misfortune I when I was doing crystal hunt.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”