Boron Hydra Regal- A ship to be put into the vault instead of beeing used

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Boron Hydra Regal- A ship to be put into the vault instead of beeing used

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 23:26

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 21:47
That said, it would be nice if there was a mission allowing you to rebuild or reobtain your Hydra Regal if you lose it, and own less than 1. Similar to the Erlking. Need not even be cheap, just the option for players that accidently lose it to something.
Agree with this. Maybe a supply mission that pops up at the Kingdom End wharf if Hydra Regals owned by player <1. Large consignment of the usual shipbuilding materials, along with maybe a crap ton on Nividium (for all the fancy metalwork on the Regal). A sarcastic mission briefing berating the player for being so careless with the Queen's gift would be entirely appropriate.

Incidentally, would like to encourage people playing the multiverse beta to send out Regals, I appear to have misplaced mine... :oops:

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 01:17

Raptor34 wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 23:17
I haven't got it yet but everything I've read says it's just Hydra+.
Well yes, Hydra plus, it has slightly better base stats than a normal Hydra, add to that in-game modifications and it is something special (especially in player hands).
Its worth getting and worth keeping.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

liquidx
x4

Post by liquidx » Fri, 21. Jul 23, 10:51

Hi guys I thought I'd add some info here that may be helpful to future players.

I got myself into a situation with the Brantlee Northriver Competition mission where it asks you to mod a ship for a race and then find a cheap double of the ship; Unfortunately I flew into that mission with the Hydra Regal not even realizing that it's a 1 of a kind ship so the mission asked me to go get another Hydra Regal. I tried buying a Hydra but the mission would not take that.

What I ended up doing was editing the save file it wasn't super hard (used 7zip and visual studio code), I searched for the ship ID (e.g. TDS-223) of the regular Hydra which looks like this:

Code: Select all

<component class="ship_m" macro="ship_bor_m_corvette_01_a_macro" connection="space" attacker="[0x2162bf1]" attackmethod="hitbyareadamage" attacktime="256117.267" code="SOM-762" owner="player" knownto="player" variation="0" spawntime="250393.48" thruster="thruster_gen_m_combat_01_mk1_macro" id="[0x20a4f0a]">
By changing the macro field from 01 to 02 it changes from a Hydra to a Hydra Regal:

Code: Select all

macro="ship_bor_m_corvette_02_a_macro"
This fulfilled my mission requirements, however there may be other properties regarding performance and appearance that I'm not aware of.

Safe flying!
___LiQUiD_X___________
DeadGod Gaming

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 21. Jul 23, 12:46

@ liquidx: ... or you could just advanced engine mod another normal Hydra (or another suitable M ship when modded - I used an ex-SCA Minotaur Raider) and that will be the new selected race ship that you need a poor quality duplicate for instead. No edits needed and no risking loss of an intentionally unique ship.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Stabby Dave
x4

Post by Stabby Dave » Sat, 12. Aug 23, 13:18

One thing you don't want to do is park them all safely in your PHQ, then later on, decide to rebuild it all, only to find out they've all been destroyed when the docking module is deconstructed.

hypergamer674
x4

Post by hypergamer674 » Tue, 22. Aug 23, 10:57

I found out something interesting
So, you know how when you choose to complete the pirate plot in the custom gamestart settings and depending on your choice you get the prototype teladi ship?
Why is it that when i skip the boron questline (done already in a previous save) i dont get the regal hydra?
Seems like an oversight if you ask me

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 22. Aug 23, 19:05

Well, you don't get the free frigate when you complete the HQ plot in the Creative Custom start, nor do you get the Geometric Owl for starting with the terraforming plot completed. Getting the free Raven seems odd, even though it's nothing more than a standard freighter with a special mod (which you can make anyway).
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Casishur
x4

Post by Casishur » Fri, 15. Sep 23, 17:17

Thanks, I miss that.

Edit: I just check it now, I found Raven's flying in VIG sectors, but they are owned by the VIG, and I don't see that I can buy the ship or it BP anywhere.

You should still be careful with ravens. Even if they are shot down disguised as VIG, it is not the reputation of VIG that is reduced but that of MIN.

You can't buy the ravens either, no matter which branch of the Arcadian mission you choose.
CPU Typ Ryzen 9 3900x
Grafikkarte Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB
Arbeitsspeicher: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard Name/Typ MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Win 10 64 bit

Betty : Autopilot.... hat.... total Versagt.

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/Casishur

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”