Boron Hydra Regal- A ship to be put into the vault instead of beeing used

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Old Drullo321
x4

Boron Hydra Regal- A ship to be put into the vault instead of beeing used

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 18:23

The Boron Hydra Regal is a ship, rewarded by one of the plots in the new Boron DLC (forgot if intermediate or reward at end). It has its own ship listing in the encyclopedia and slightly different (better) stats then the normal Hydra.
But you will never use it and probably put it in the safest place possible because if it is gone, it is gone for good.

Why is there no recovery mechanism? Why aren't there any blueprints available? That is a (bad) novelty. You can't even get one in a custom (budgeted) gamestart.

Let me list you some other unique or rare ships:

Erlking -> If lost, can be recovered via research
Kuraokami -> Build by Yaki, Blueprint available
Moreya -> Same as above plus one or two available through plots
Asgard/Syn -> Reputation blueprint available
Prometheus -> Blueprint available (also in budgeted gamestart) when sided with TEM. (Don't know if it is capturable, but probably is)

I can't think of any unique or rare ship in X4 that isn't recoverable. And that's for good reasons as savegames can spawn hundreds of hours...

So why is there no recovery mechanism for the Hydra Regal? Please add a blueprint (even hide it beyond reputation or something) or give us a recovery like with everything else in X4 (this is not X3)
Last edited by Old Drullo321 on Sun, 16. Apr 23, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: Boron Hydra Royal - A ship to be put into the vault instead of beeing used

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 21:16

Geometric Owl is basicly a Moreya, but has that unique camouflaging ability which allows you to fly inside a Xenon Wharf as if they are best buddies without issue (if only for the duration of the mission). I missed getting the mission Kuraokami and its 5 star pilot, wasn't that unique also or did it just have a few in game modifications?.

Otherwise in X4 I think you are right, unique ships (without any possible recovery) are a rarity.

There have been unique ships in previous games, like X3 TC/AP, the Teladi start had a unique Teladi Kea fighter, loved that ship, and a few others I cant remember what they were (pretty sure there was a unique Argon Centaur) - Pretty sure they also could not be replicated in any way. Even reverse engineering those would give you the standard model.

But then in X4 we can use the in game modifications to ramp up their stats and make specific ships unique.

Edit : PS its called the Hydra Regal. And I will be using it :D, incentive not to lose it is higher but the last save game solves that. The thing that makes me look after/value ships more in X4 is how experienced the crew is, and how many resources (like High Energy Catalyst, which were as rare as hens teeth in my game for ages) were piled into getting the best modded roll of the dice stats for that ship.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Tempest
x4

Re: Boron Hydra Regal- A ship to be put into the vault instead of beeing used

Post by Tempest » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 22:33

meh, its just a regular Hydra.

with a spoiler kit, and some carbon accents.

an extremely SEXY spoiler kit at that.. :wink:

eh i get your point. but it is sturdy. moreso with shieldmods (45,000 MW'ish if you keep rolling for that + 70% Pavise mod)
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 22:42

Any little bug can wipe it out. If you have long lasting savegames you should know that you can lose ships and crew to whatever bug you can encounter. That is no issue, even if it hurts, you can replace a 5* pilot. You can rebuild an Erlking. And you can grind your ship modifications again. You can rebuy or recapture an Astrid. You can rebuild a Moreya/Kuraokami.

But you can't recover your Hydra Regal with its unique look and unique stats. You won't fly it 100% of your time. You will remember this thread when you have 200h more hours into your savegame and suddenly look for this ship, but it is gone 20 hours in the past and you don't even know why.... Do you want to restart? Probably not.

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 23:09

Old Drullo321 wrote:
Sun, 16. Apr 23, 22:42
Any little bug can wipe it out. If you have long lasting savegames you should know that you can lose ships and crew to whatever bug you can encounter. That is no issue, even if it hurts, you can replace a 5* pilot. You can rebuild an Erlking. And you can grind your ship modifications again. You can rebuy or recapture an Astrid. You can rebuild a Moreya/Kuraokami.

But you can't recover your Hydra Regal with its unique look and unique stats. You won't fly it 100% of your time. You will remember this thread when you have 200h more hours into your savegame and suddenly look for this ship, but it is gone 20 hours in the past and you don't even know why.... Do you want to restart? Probably not.
i hear you.

Still running an vanilla 2018 save which is about 225 in game days old now, what bugs specifically ?

mostly have standing dock-orders for valuable M-class ships onto a something sturdy like an XL (Astrid comes to mind) so when teleporting out after flying em, they will return and dock with the XL.

tangling with L/XL in a M-sized ship has always been somewhat risky imho. caught by a few game-over screens due to L-Plasma-Turret fire straight to the face, or ships blowing up in my face.

having a blast with it so far though (hunting down pirates mostly)
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 04:41

Im using the regal as my personal ship - which is odd because im doing a teladi purist run, its replaced my pimped out peregrine. But this thing is just too OP to ignore. I did realise that without a blueprint losing it will be the end though - but I actually prefer the looks of the stock Hydra, and the stats of the regal are only so very slightly better.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 15:56

If I lose it. I'm dead anyway and that's a reload.
Not counting the pain of slowly rerolling it's mods.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 19:53

As far as I know, the Raven Prototype is another unique ship, that if you lost it, you cannot get a replacement.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 07:35

Pesanur wrote:
Mon, 17. Apr 23, 19:53
the Raven Prototype is another unique ship
Just Raven with Mirage mod installed...

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 12:41

I have an old ship reverse engineer mod installed, gonna put the Regal into it and see if I get a normal Hydra out (did get a normal Raven out of the DLC one).

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 19:02

Raven? the base game Teladi courier is the Magpie, and I don't see any new one called Raven in the Avarice DLC, only the Raven Prototype. But one thing is certain, both birds are of the family of the Corvidae.

Jokes aside, maybe a translation problem?

Majordee

Post by Majordee » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 04:13

Hey,
I'm doing the tide of avarice race quest and I of course modded my Hydra Regal ... Am I doomed to not finish this quest ? Or is their a way to "spawn" one through modding or something ?

xant
x4

Post by xant » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 13:35

Majordee wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 04:13
Hey,
I'm doing the tide of avarice race quest and I of course modded my Hydra Regal ... Am I doomed to not finish this quest ? Or is their a way to "spawn" one through modding or something ?
Just mod another ship and use that.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 15:18

Majordee wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 04:13
Hey,
I hope it's because the game is dumb and selected a ship you happened to be modding and not you intentionally modding the ship for the race...

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 15:24

Can it be sent on ventures? If so then it can be cloned?

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 17:59

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 15:24
Can it be sent on ventures? If so then it can be cloned?
The amount of failures/losses I have I wouldn't dare put it out there, invested too much in-game modifications ..
.. Cloned?, by capping (so beneficial to someone else), or how would we do that for ourselves?

BTW Sorry to leave your team (due to the rep issue this last week), I couldn't rejoin.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 18:49

Pesanur wrote:
Tue, 18. Apr 23, 19:02
Raven? the base game Teladi courier is the Magpie, and I don't see any new one called Raven in the Avarice DLC, only the Raven Prototype. But one thing is certain, both birds are of the family of the Corvidae.

After the VIG (Curs) plot, you'll see Ravens being flown through VIG space by MIN, smuggling illegal wares to the RIP. And you can buy them from the MIN Wharf. You will, however, need to acquire the mod parts separately.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 19:13

Nanook wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 18:49
Pesanur wrote:
Tue, 18. Apr 23, 19:02

After the VIG (Curs) plot, you'll see Ravens being flown through VIG space by MIN, smuggling illegal wares to the RIP. And you can buy them from the MIN Wharf. You will, however, need to acquire the mod parts separately.
Thanks, I miss that.

Edit: I just check it now, I found Raven's flying in VIG sectors, but they are owned by the VIG, and I don't see that I can buy the ship or it BP anywhere.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 21:47

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 17:59
BTW Sorry to leave your team (due to the rep issue this last week), I couldn't rejoin.
Np It is a beta. Better to find issues now so that future seasons run better.
alt3rn1ty wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 17:59
The amount of failures/losses I have I wouldn't dare put it out there, invested too much in-game modifications ..
.. Cloned?, by capping (so beneficial to someone else), or how would we do that for ourselves?
You can make venture ships bail. This has no impact on if they return to the player and even multiple of the same ship can spawn in a game. This is how people without the special edition are able to own Yasurs currently, as people with special edition send them out and they are capturing them.

If the ship can be sent out on ventures then someone can capture it. If the venture mission you send it out on has 0% risk of losing ship then you should (with exception of any bugs) never lose the ship. This would allow other players to obtain multiple copies of the ship.

That said, it would be nice if there was a mission allowing you to rebuild or reobtain your Hydra Regal if you lose it, and own less than 1. Similar to the Erlking. Need not even be cheap, just the option for players that accidently lose it to something.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 23:17

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 21:47
That said, it would be nice if there was a mission allowing you to rebuild or reobtain your Hydra Regal if you lose it, and own less than 1. Similar to the Erlking. Need not even be cheap, just the option for players that accidently lose it to something.
I argue something similar to the Astrid instead. The Hydra Regal isn't a game changer like the Erlking.
It's not right? I haven't got it yet but everything I've read says it's just Hydra+.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”