6.0 new game - black markets?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alexdefelice
x4

6.0 new game - black markets?

Post by alexdefelice » Fri, 14. Apr 23, 14:22

Howdy. Has anybody done the "Emergence" start in the new DLC and gotten a black market yet? A lot of the old guides say they don't become available until the Scientific Expedition mission is completed. Is there a similar plot point you have to hit in this new start before they become findable again with signal leaks?
It's like paradise, spread out with a butter knife.

zakaluka

Re: 6.0 new game - black markets?

Post by zakaluka » Fri, 14. Apr 23, 19:48

Hi again on this same topic Alex. I often lean into building a big network of black markets when starting but it hasn't been panning out lately. Sometimes I just can't find any after searching for hours.

I wonder if you saw rboerdjik's response in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=447260&start=20#p5133697

"Shady guys ( black marketeers) will only spawn on stations not producing majadust, spacefuel or spaceweed. When starting "stranded", for me there were 348 shady guys total.
Glancing over the script which spawns the shady missions, it looks like if there is a shady guy in the station, then one leak is guaranteed to be for the shady guy mission. Note there are usually multiple leaks, so it's not guaranteed to be the first on a station which you scan."

There's a lot of conflicting information from players on this topic, and this is the only thing I can find that a dev has said on the matter.

No, I do not think there is a plot hurdle. Stations with low pop might not have shady guys. It seems the black marketer exists before you find them, and they spawn the signal leak - that conflicts with the common idea that the missions from signal leaks are semi random, and a black marketer spawns when you get the right mission. As such if you really want to, you can find them in the xml of your save files apparently. And also, if you don't find any, you should try different stations - not the same ones over and over.

alexdefelice
x4

Post by alexdefelice » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 02:55

Thanks for the reply. I was able to find one this time in around 1 hour. Not bad!
It's like paradise, spread out with a butter knife.

multox
x4

Post by multox » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 21:39

I have been searching for black markets for 3 RL days now. The only one I've found is the one given by the starter quest. I've become quite good at finding the signal leaks - the resulting hacking quests has been quite lucrative. But it's really bugging me that I can't find any black markets. I feel like after 50ish stations that it must be something other than just bad luck.

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Mon, 1. May 23, 16:33

Having a similar issue. I have not found a single black market and have now given up. I am days in. ( Not very far into the game, I do exploration and mapping early on to get a few trade loops going and some credits coming in and build race rep ).
I am a rock in the wind, watch how I plummet!
Gamer Girl since 1981 Mistress of Heavy Landings since 1984 (BBC-B Elite)

Corei7 7700, 16GB Ram, MSI RX6700XT, Sidewinder FFB2, Kubuntu 22.04

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Mon, 1. May 23, 23:32

Same story here, spent like 20 hours and nothing. :evil: :evil:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 1. May 23, 23:41

alexdefelice wrote:
Fri, 14. Apr 23, 14:22
Howdy. Has anybody done the "Emergence" start in the new DLC and gotten a black market yet? A lot of the old guides say they don't become available until the Scientific Expedition mission is completed.
I have found a Marketeer before Scientific Expedition, probably in game version 3.30. As said elsewhere, Boso tends to be in the first signal leak on a station until you you say "Yes". Well, used to, before 6.0. Anyway, those "old guides" were probably inaccurate.

I can't say whether KE DLC starts are different because I don't have that yet.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Wed, 3. May 23, 12:52

Not saying that I found many but quite a couple. Some unlock with plot quests and some I unlocked with signal scanning. I always reveal them by doing missions.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”