"looking for new couriers" quest

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

twentypence
x4

"looking for new couriers" quest

Post by twentypence » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 09:14

Is there a way to restart the "looking for new couriers, please forward" quest given by Keter Pullgard of Jinko-Tekina at the Trading Station in Black Hole Sun V?

I talked with the character in the Common Room, and initially there was an option to Offer Help, but I asked some questions about who he was and how his project was going first, and then the option to help was no longer available.

I tested it out with a couple of restarts, initally the mission is available either from the map as an icon on the station, or by docking and talking to Keter in the Common Room. If you do any action other than accepting the mission / offering help, the mission is no longer available. This includes reading and closing the mission from the map, or selecting any other conversation option.

Does anyone know of a way to re-initialise the mission without doing a new game start?

tix92

Re: "looking for new couriers" quest

Post by tix92 » Sun, 7. May 23, 18:54

I'm wondering the same thing. I follow the post.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 9. May 23, 06:50

I believe he is one of the three "mad people" (scientist, artist, producer) that give their quest repeatedly. They are indicated by an yellow-man-icon on station/map.

Their quests are usually triggerd on approach - sometimes area, sometimes station, sometime person.
Don't have much more detaills. But if one doesn't work check one of the others (or leave sector and return later).
Those quest should appear in the Mission-Log/Offers. Complete a full cycle for each (three Missions) and you will get some trophies for your HQ-office.

Vheissu
x4

Post by Vheissu » Fri, 2. Jun 23, 10:02

His quest didn't start for me either, after asking a couple questions. Might be a bug in the dialogue tree.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 3. Jun 23, 22:50

I just took that mission the first time. It was to deliver something. (9 Interface Units ?)
The objective was clear already before I did dock.
I did ask some of the questions, but then chose the "Deliver items" option.
It was possible to talk to the person again, after delivery, as is usual for all three characters.

A new mission from them spawns later -- not immediately.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”