Owning Heretics End. Pre-release people, help please

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nulric
x4

Re: Owning Heretics End. Pre-release people, help please

Post by Nulric » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 00:42

Sorry if this was already covered, I didn't see it in skimming this thread.

But yes, my understanding, while possibly incorrect, is that artificial protections exist on Heretic's End to prevent it from being claimed by factions other than the player.

The news messages are to make it clear that you can disable those protections if you claim the sector yourself. So, as stated, you move in and claim the sector, then you dismantle your admin centers and let it fall neutral.

At that point, it SHOULD then be possible for the factions to claim it. So Boron, Split, Argon, maybe even Xenon or Paranid if they're next door.

Min
x4

Post by Min » Fri, 21. Apr 23, 05:34

During my game, I also owned Heretics End before the DLC because Xenon was just to the north of it in Wreched Skies V. I remember getting a message from the boron queen talking about sector ownership after the herald quest. If I had known it may go to the borons I would have given it up also. Will they build stations if I own the sector or shall I deconstruct my admin station there? Which brings me to another question can allied AI build in player-owned sectors?

Nulric
x4

Post by Nulric » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 05:08

So, while I've never seen an ally build in a sector I owned, I've READ in threads that they sometimes will do so.

As to dismantling your admin station, yes they should move in. A few things to keep in mind though. You can't guarantee when they'll move, or how fast. You will want to make sure the Boron have claimed Watchful Gaze next door to Hertic's End first, before pulling down your admin station. You may then need to keep the other factions out with force until the Boron get around to grabbing it, but it should be possible.

That is my understanding at least.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 2. May 23, 17:09

An update.
As I said before I released control and after the main quest and herald quests were done factions moved into HE. Argon claimed it and took further sectors from the split in the north. They are also fighting TRI and Xenon there. I didnt like this - I want the Boron to be part of my universe, so I started to sabotage the Argon (who are insanely strong in my game, probably helps that ive had the terrans locked down by hacking all of their shipyards wharves and equip docks for 5 game days straight). Its taken a while and a lot of hacking, mines and spacesuit devices, but I got it to turn neutral and the Boron have since moved in. I helped them a lot to build the first stations.

One problem remains that argon still own sectors north of it - which I will also have to sabotage in order to create a front of Boron vs Split vs Paranid vs Xenon. I helped the split also by wiping out the xenon in matrix 598 and rhys defiance and leaving my shipyard for them alone (which was funny when the rattlesnakes started pouring out right into neighboring argon sectors), so they are clear up there, they are still getting smashed by the argon to the east but are recovering. Once all this is done its going to be pretty glorious.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 16. May 23, 02:23

A second update, not good news.
I continued to try to get the Boron to expand, its taken a really long time because the argon were like cockroaches, new defence stations just kept popping up - but I have managed to completely clear all of their defence stations from the northern sectors and from Heretics End. Now they just have Morning Star, so they are now hemmed in and the Boron as the sole owners of Heretics SHOULD be able to expand north into neutral territory (where the split are trying to build too)

...but...

They dont. The Split and Argon have repeatedly fought over Wretched Skies while Heretics End was contested by both Boron and Argon (with the Boron as the owners), but it has now been quite a long time since I cleared the argon out entirely, and the Boron just dont start building in Wretched Skies. Its really disappointing and its been long enough that I'm starting to think that they are scripted to only take Heretics, I really wanted them to take all of Wretched SKies and then I would clear out the Xenon to the west for them, hopefully letting them take the entire north west part of the map.

Side note. Has anyone seen the Split take Rhy's Defiance? They have owned Kritt and Matrix 598 for many many game days and wont move in.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Tue, 16. May 23, 09:00

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 16. May 23, 02:23
Side note. Has anyone seen the Split take Rhy's Defiance? They have owned Kritt and Matrix 598 for many many game days and wont move in.
They'll take it someday. Might take a long while as Rhy's Defiance has no resources. In my game, they had taken it prior to attacking the Matrix sector next door (link to my vanilla game map with an expansionistic, Xenon-levelling Zyarth Patriarch in command: A universe in turnmoil )

Regarding the Boron & expanding; make sure their economy flows well. They got alot of issues before they can build & expand fluently. Check what they need & provide it. Good access to hullparts, advanced electronics, claytronics, turret, shield & weapon components motivates factions to expand well. Missile components & water also help with the Boron. Might need to build some facilities to produce those wares if needed.
Often the AI also lacks transportation in volume, make sure you have several traders in their space distributing goods, so the economy can keep flowing & they can replace & expand.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 16. May 23, 12:17

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 16. May 23, 02:23
They dont. The Split and Argon have repeatedly fought over Wretched Skies while Heretics End was contested by both Boron and Argon (with the Boron as the owners), but it has now been quite a long time since I cleared the argon out entirely, and the Boron just dont start building in Wretched Skies. Its really disappointing and its been long enough that I'm starting to think that they are scripted to only take Heretics, I really wanted them to take all of Wretched SKies and then I would clear out the Xenon to the west for them, hopefully letting them take the entire north west part of the map.
They should eventually. The Boron are actively trying to take territory north of Heretic's End in my game. They've defeated the Split in Wretched Skies V (& claimed the sector) & are currently contesting the Xenon claim over Wretched Skies IV. Current map of the region: https://www.dropbox.com/s/drir9kfdqc0ri ... 1.jpg?dl=0

Doubt there's anything specifically scripted about the Borons in this regard. They seem to follow much the same plan as other factions. Build defence platform(s) first to put the sector into contested status, then follow up with a few factories while their warships attempt to remove stations owned by the opposing faction, starting with their defence platforms. If they can manage defeat those & claim the sector the cycle continues in the next sector.

Incidentally the damage to the Xenon defence platform in the middle of the sector was inflicted entirely by the Borons. I'm mostly staying out of it because, for the moment at least, I'm curious to see how far the Borons can go without my direct military assistance. I am however keeping their shipyards & wharves well supplied with a purpose-built shipyard supply base in Great Reef: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ojxooju9nqbs ... 1.jpg?dl=0

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 16. May 23, 15:04

Thanks both, guess I'll just wait some more and perhaps help the Borons economy (seems pretty strong though). I could just open up my shipyard for them.
I wonder about the effect of the state of the economy and building new plots - does anyone have any knowledge of the actual scripts and how it changes the behaviour?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”