Tides of Avarice Plot bugged? - Resolved itself with time.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Letho#2469

Tides of Avarice Plot bugged? - Resolved itself with time.

Post by Letho#2469 » Sun, 5. Mar 23, 17:43

Hi,

I have just started the Tides of Avarice plot known as "The Fan": Saved the trader from VIG pirtes, followed him to Avarice system, saved the Teladi, got a new ship for the Teladi, met him on a station and did some haggling. This is where things get funny:

The Teladi is grateful for my help and now I shall buy 400 energy cells and sell them for maximum profit. Whenever I undock with the 400 energy cells in my cargo space (bought those 400 cells with the note next to their name, so not having bought the story related cells is not my problem) he congratulates me about how I made some decent profit with those cells....... which I haven't even sold, yet, yea, ok... The mission successfully concludes at this point. No other mission follows. That smells a bit fishy to my bug catcher nose, can anybody confirm that I did not run into a bug that prevents the plot from continuing? On the internet I have read that people did not have to sell energy cells but hull parts. And appareantly there is some plot about this Protectyon stuff for stations, a plot where you have to deliver a fleet and so on.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Letho#2469

Re: Tides of Avarice Plot bugged?

Post by Letho#2469 » Sun, 5. Mar 23, 17:48

/edit:

Further research on the internet revealed that this plot should definetely go on, because some mission named "Leap of Faith" should be part of it, a mission that I never got. So I might have indeed run into a plot breaking bug.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sun, 5. Mar 23, 21:40

Give it some more time, often there are gaps between sub plots.

Belphegor2_3
x4

Post by Belphegor2_3 » Mon, 6. Mar 23, 10:22

Once you have bought the 400 items (was hull parts for me), there is some time before the teladi contacts you again for a new opportunity of profitsss.

Letho#2469

Post by Letho#2469 » Mon, 6. Mar 23, 18:27

Contacted me TWO HOURS after the previous mission concluded. Thanks for the replies, can be closed :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”