Circular Economy & Recyclers

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baddieus
x4

Circular Economy & Recyclers

Post by Baddieus » Sun, 25. Dec 22, 19:20

Hi .. I read that the Circular Economy achievement is for recycling 100 objects and wanted to clarify before I commit to this one.

If I own a Manticore & have it ordered for auto-recycling and it's doing so ... will that get it done @100 to an NPC station, or must it be a player station?
Also, please tell me a hired pilot can get this done without my having to drag 100 objects personally ...

Thanks,

=Baddieus=

DanKara
x4

Re: Circular Economy & Recyclers

Post by DanKara » Tue, 3. Jan 23, 10:54

You probably have already noticed that a Manticor on 'full auto' does not help you with the achievement "Circular Economy"

This achievement is for the player to fly the Manticor and delivering one hundred wrecks (at any Scrap-Processor).
Tedious, longwinding and boring task.

Luckily it can be accelerated by a fair margin:
Spoiler
Show
Place a Laserturret Mk1 near the Scrap Processor. Destroy it and deliver its wreck. Rinse and repeat.
The scrap value of a destroid turret is so low that proccessing that wreck needs next to no time.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Tue, 3. Jan 23, 13:33

Thanks for the tip ... I'll get around to this eventually.

=Baddieus=

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 3. Jan 23, 15:40

DanKara wrote:
Tue, 3. Jan 23, 10:54
That is a serious pro tip... Imma try this tonight.

I have a 4x recycling plant, and I would just give my tugs a sit and wait command outside the scrapper after returning with a cube. I am about a third of the way through, and it's just super annoying.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 3. Jan 23, 16:42

grapedog wrote:
Tue, 3. Jan 23, 15:40
...wait command outside the scrapper after returning with a cube. I am about a third of the way through, and it's just super annoying.
Yeah I know. It took me quite a while to realize that for this achievement I would want to bring in wrecks with a low value of raw scrap to avoid the cooldowns on my (2x)processor. It took me even longer to realize, that destroid NPC-LT's with their 16-raw-scrap-value would be the most viable targets .... and longer still, that I could create LT-wrecks myself (and as close as possible to my ScrapYard) ...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”